Truck...Truck...I gotta a new truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The truck arrives Saturday. I've got a VA appointment to see their Driver Tester for the decision about my power swivel seat and my behind the seat chair lift.

Not much to do on this thing other than Gimpy Type modifications. But, if you think of anything I missed let me know.

Pictures and progress to follow.

"Stumpy"

egnors

Congrats on the new truck, and hope it all works out for ya lefty, you've been waitin on this for a while now.

Cyclone Traveler

No, Lefty chose wisely! J GM all the way especially with the new EPA mandated particular filters the GM gets better fuel economy.

jnbhobe

:DHey Lefty; It won;t take long, A diesel usually breaks in at about 10,000 mi. or so!!! JON :D :D :D

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
:DHey Lefty; It won;t take long, A diesel usually breaks in at about 10,000 mi. or so!!! JON :D :D :D

Well, given my current situation, I should be considered broken in somewhere around 2115.

Sorry, I'm still on oxygen after buying it. Single largest cash purchase of my life...spending the $$$ was no big deal until I looked at my account balances...I got so excited that I started hyper-ventilating...nothing like going from 5 figures to 1 figure in the old checking account. :eek:

I'm ready for my shot now, Nurse. Can I get some oxygen with that?? :p Whoopeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
The truck arrives Saturday. I've got a VA appointment to see their Driver Tester for the decision about my power swivel seat and my behind the seat chair lift.

Not much to do on this thing other than Gimpy Type modifications. But, if you think of anything I missed let me know.

Pictures and progress to follow.

"Stumpy"

You bought a Ford right? Dodge?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Happy to hear that, too. I've managed to put a whopping 220 miles on mine in the past 10 days. The mileage jumped from 10.5 to 12.5 mpg !! :rolleyes: Can't wait to get the first 500 on it so I can stretch its legs.

jnbhobe

John; don't worry about the 500mi Drive it like you stole it !! Change the oil at 1000mi and 5000mi. JON :D:D:D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John; don't worry about the 500mi Drive it like you stole it !! Change the oil at 1000mi and 5000mi. JON :D:D:D

With the rebates, decent trade-in allowed, and GMS price, I almost did!;) I cheated a little and had it out on the freeway a bit the other day. That's where the mpg's went up. I really liked my '02 Avalanche, but this baby makes me grunt like Tim Allen on Tool Time.:D

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
With the rebates, decent trade-in allowed, and GMS price, I almost did!;) I cheated a little and had it out on the freeway a bit the other day. That's where the mpg's went up. I really liked my '02 Avalanche, but this baby makes me grunt like Tim Allen on Tool Time.:D

I had my truck less than two weeks...less than 2000 miles on the clock...and I truly believe in a proper break-in period.

Maybe that's the reason I got a warning ticket for competition racing earlier this week.

Ya just gotta break 'em in right. And, remember those tuners that give you 500+ horsepower...truly do work.

A.J. Lefty
The Drag Racin' One Legged Santa Claus

GORDINEER

ABRANGER
Stop with the truck debate. Their is only one truck out there and it has a straight six, haven't had to change engines with every model year.... Buy what you like.... Airborne....

truknutt

Committed Member
Stop with the truck debate. Their is only one truck out there and it has a straight six, haven't had to change engines with every model year.... Buy what you like.... Airborne....

Hmmmmm, my '85 F150 has a 300 straight six with a granny low 4-speed to boot. :rolleyes:

That baby's still purring; to bad the body was stamped from Asian steel...er swiss cheese. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.