Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opening up your first VA Claim -- Now this is a hard one!!

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Opening up your first VA Claim -- Now this is a hard one!!

I am also 100% due to unemployability. Actaully 90% disabled but can't work, thus the reason for 100%. I will say that even though I did most of the communication with the VA keeping very careful records, and triplicates of every correspondence that I got from VA Drs, my family Dr and anything at all related to this case. With that being said I recommend getting a service officer from American Legion, DAV, Vietnam Veterans of America, etc as they have the knowledge and the inside info on how to get through all the red tape. Also don't think of this as something that is going to happen anytime soon. It takes a long while to get through it all. But from the day you make the claim if approved say a year or two down the road it is paid from the date of claim.

Patience is a virtue with the VA. One that I am not very good with at all. But stay persistant and if you get a service officer keep in touch with him regularly also as he is a very busy person. Oiling the squeaky wheel always makes things smoother.

Dave
    Member Number 2302

Dave & Linda
    Bubbles the American Eskimo and Bellle the Cat!

2011 3670RL Bighorn
    2017 F350 Ford Superduty, 6.7 Powerstroke, Laredo Package, 411 Gears, Curt Hitch

Fulltiming and chasing the dream in the Bighorn Express around the country!! Now a Sometimer as we bought a home back in MI.

Semper Fi Marines!!!

2. Print this Post   #12

Semper FI Dave
    If your ever in Indianan stop in the thousand trails in Clinton and have a drink. Working on my 100% at 60 now but neck keeps gettin worse and still fighting to get lower back rated. (had M240 drop on top of my head and break my neck)
    Sgt. Anderson (witch doctor)
    2006 F-350 4x4
    2010 Custom EZGO
    3- Kayaks
    2012 Torque 291
    Thousand Trails Horse Shoe Lake

USMC 90-98

3. Print this Post   #13
    BouseBill

Started my claim in August of 2011. VA screwed around for two years then did a provisional decision of denial. They closed the claim, without a C&P exam, VA said I missed the appointment they made for me. I have NEVER missed an appointment, with my VA doctors. They did not tell me about the appointment. After closing the original claim they re-opened the claim and started all over.
    My VFW service officer told me they did a provisional denial just to close the claim to make their records look better. So now going on 3 years and still fighting.....and yeah it was the Phoenix Arizona VA,,,,,,

4. Print this Post   #14

They tried doing this to my Dad in San Antonio. Sick these people.
    Jim and Amy
    San Antonio, Texas

2014 BC3650RL, Onan Gen., Solar.

2017 Ram Laramie 3500, AISIN, long bed, OEM 5th wheel prep. SRW, 4,400 lb payload, GCVWR 25,300.

2014 BC3650RL, Onan Gen., Solar.

5. Print this Post   #15
    Utah Chapter Leaders-retired Apropdoc's Avatar

I retired in 2008 and have been jacked around by the VA ever since. All of the disability counselors say I should be over 75%, but the VA had me at 40 and now I am at 20! I have filed 2 subsequent appeals and both have mysteriously vanished. Just one more thought, everyone I have had to deal with at the VA, besides the volunteers, HAD NEVER BEEN IN ANY BRANCH OF THE MILITARY!!! I hope they enjoy their new furniture and gaudy art. Sorry, just had to vent.

6. Print this Post   #16

http://myvfw.org/utah/va-hospitals/
    This link may be of some help to you. You can find face just like the DAV the VFW and stuff like that to help you and re-opening your claim. I personally went through the VFW It took me a few years but I finally got 100% service connected disability complete and total with the help of the VFW so I hope this helps.

7. Print this Post   #17

DAV jacked around with my claim for over a year. COuldn't talk to officer assigned. Finally gave up and went with the VFW. Exam, hearing, and approval took less than 6 months.
    Clif KA5IPF Retired
    Millie W5AUX VFW Auxiliary Past Dept President
    Heartland Member #2831
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD LTZ Allison/Duramax DRW 32gal RDS Aux Tank
    2015 Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler w/Sailun shoes, TST 507, Furrion watching the rear, 11/19 added RVArmor(Flex-Armor) roof.
    2005 HD FXDI Super Glide in the Garage
    Tied together with an Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

2016 West Texas Inaugural Rally Quanah, Tx
    2019 Louisiana Chapter Rally Natchitoches, LA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2