Pin weight

ralphpam

Could any of you who own a Bighorn 3670RL tell me what is your pin weight when you are ready to travel and do you have a w/d on board. I am looking at a one ton Dodge CTD srw and wonder if this will carry the pin weight.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I have not had mine weight checked and I don't have a washer/dryer, but I estimate my pin weight to be at least between 3 & 3.5K. I just traded off a dodge 2500 for an 08 3500 DRW 4x4 and for the added stability I will never go back to a single rear wheel.
The srw 3500 will handle the 3670 but when pulling in mountains and curves the DRW is much better. Good luck on your decision.

Bill

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The srw 3500 will handle the 3670 but when pulling in mountains and curves the DRW is much better. Good luck on your decision.

Bill

Admit it...it's not the stability as much as it is the "cool factor" of finding a parking space that intrigues you.None

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Yes it does take a little practice on parking but it don't take too long to get use to it. Swing wider and take up 2 spaces.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't have DRW's but do have a full lenght bed. I normally back in or pull further away from people so I can have the extra room.

wyleyrabbit

If the pin weight is 3500lbs then the srw is already at its payload limit and that's without the hitch (~200 lbs), a tank of diesel (~250 lbs), and you and your passengers (150 lbs each?).

My advice is to go dually and don't look back.

Chris