Olevia TV....again

PacMan4x4

Howdy folks....

Lookin' to get a lil' help from the experts. I finally figured out how to get my T.V (27 inch) working with antenna since I'm still at my house. I managed to find some local channels and started flipping through channels up to 30.1. It seemed like everything froze up....no button operation on anything (tv or remote). I turned power off and even cycled the lil' switch in the back on tv like some others suggested in previous threads. When I turn tv back on, it goes to that previous channel (30.1) which is in spanish so it doesn't do me a lick of good, but if I hit the channel down button the screen goes black and seems like everything freezes up again. Has anyone else had a prob like this....I'm gettin' ready in a couple weeks to go on the maiden voyage and tryin' to get all the crap workin' before I go. I've read some stuff about firmware....think it's something I need to address? Also....is the T.V. covered under my 5er manufacturer warranty? Thanks in advance for any assistance.....like many, I'm by no means tech savvy.

Pac Man

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Pac Man, yes I think the firmware upgrade is something you should address. If the upgrade does not solve your problem then you might want to contact your dealer if your coach is still under warranty. For instructions on firmware downloads and installation go HERE.
Peace
Dave

PacMan4x4

COOKIE....

I did the firmware upload to t.v. and I have movement with remote buttons...i.e....moving from source to source and messing with menu. Now I don't have any signals from any of my sources so no channels on antenna--not even my one go to spanish channel :). I'll work on that later as I think I stumbled on it earlier and don't remember how I did it. I appreciate the quick response with firmware link--I'd hate to think my t.v. was gonna get a quick trip to the dump so soon after getting the new 5er.

Pac Man

Paul & Nan

Our 09 BH has a Samsung TV-used little since we got the rig in September. Have the rig hooked up in the drive doing some things on it, turned on TV, watching the news, everything went blank, no sound, no picture, nada. The little red light is on, so it has power.. Called Samsung yesterday, they are having a local repair service come look at it.

PacMan4x4

Trying to Re-address T.V. prob

Okie Dokie.....after I got home from camping trip I put my antenna up and hooked up my 11 inch Sansui and local channels came on. I didn't have to do anything...the channels were just there. Now, I took the same cable and hooked it to my Olevia and I can't get any signal (no signal shows up on screen). Before I did the firmware update I at least got channels though my inputs froze up on a spanish channel and I could do anything with remote or buttons on television. Am I missing something with this antenna thing....do I need to do anything special to watch t.v. off of the antenna. I downloaded a manual for 2 series T.V. and it has something about auto search channels from the menu screens, but my menu doesn't give me those same options to auto search. Can any of you smart folks out there help? This seems to me that is should be a no brainer, but I'm just not getting it. I have my two t.v.s side by side and one gets channels and the other doesn't. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

BobSue

I will see what I can do from memory.

First, did you push the red button on the front TV antenna to get the booster on? As I recall, if it lights up (depressed?), that is for over the air.

Then the horrid Olevia menu system.

Push menu on remote and a little wheel looking thing pops up.

UP/Down arrows rotate it. Right arrow makes the selection.

Find the one for channel setup, then for AIR, then the right arrow starts it on auto channel search. It takes 3 to 4 minutes at my house for it to go through its whole search. First analog, then digital. (I wonder what it will do after they turn off the analog?)

The menu system is horrible and confusing, but you shouldn't be able to hurt any thing so go ahead and play.

If that doesn't work or you can't figure it out, I can sit in front of it tonight and write down all the commands.

Hope this helps.:eek:

PacMan4x4

BOBSUE....

Yeppers...got the booster light switch depressed and light is on. I looked in the manual for T.V that I downloaded from internet and on page 42 it talks about the menu as you are describing. The problem I'm running in to, is that I'm not seeing the T.V option on my menu to get to channel auto search. I see it in the book but not on my T.V menu. I can select languages, view firmware version, factory settings, parental controls...etc, but no option for channels :(

I would love to be on the phone with ya as you go through this and I'll do as you are saying. I'll PM you my number or you can send me your # and I'll pick up $$ on phone call. Thanks.

SmokeyBare

PacMan,

I'll give it a Try... here we go...

Select Menu: then using the two keys above and below the center Key called "Enter"

go to the Icon that looks like a tool box... ( on my set )... which is labeled "Setup" Hit ENTER.

then using those up and down keys again... Find " TV " and once again ENTER.

Next scan using the up or down keys... looking for " Auto Channel Search " and once again Hit ENTER.

That should start the search for channels mode of the TV.

I hope this is some help for you... there is a few other keys you maybe could use... but this is the one that does the search for you. Ya got to PLAY with the darn thing... and once you move to another area... location with different TV stations... your going to need to do this again. GOOD LUCK !

PacMan4x4

SMOKEY.....that there is my problem. The owners manual shows the exact thing you posted about the TV icon being under the set up part of the menu. My menu doesn't have one....that ain't no lie.....I have the languages, parental controls, time/date, factory settings, firmware version....etc....but no TV to do the channel set up. Not sure if it has to do with the firmware I had to install recently, but I can't say for sure if the TV icon was there before that or not. I know I had channels before the firmware version update. The only prob was, my function keys locked up and I couldn't do anything with them after about 5 minutes of TV being on. Thought the update would help, but seems I have a different prob now. I even went and uploaded the firmware again tonight to ensure I did it right and have the same prob.

PacMan4x4

Well....my DW texted me while I was at work to let me know she got the tv working. She did a google search for for FAQ for Olevia and found a question about "why tv shown no signal of channel not in list". One of the first things it tells you to do is put source in TUNER.....that's the one source I didn't try :eek:. She said when she did it, it showed the lil' TV icon in the setup menu just like ya'll have been explaining to me. So...all this frustration about the tv has been my fault for trying every source, but TUNER--for some reason it wasn't registering with me. Thanks for sticking with me on this and all of the suggestions. It works great so I guess we'll keep for a bit longer.

MrsPacMan

Here is the link

Hi Everyone -
My name is Stacie and I am Brian (PacMan4x4)'s DW. Just in case someone needed the information here is the link to where I found the information that solved our tv problem. :)

http://64.168.125.216/jsp/support/faqs.jsp
It is the technical FAQ's on Olevia's website. Answer located under Q: Why the tv shows "No Signal" or "Channel Not in List"?

Stacie

jimtoo

Hi Stacie,

First Welcome to the forum, and glad to see you got your problem fixed.:D

Next it sounds like Mr PacMan should have asked the expert he had at home first. But I think it's an EGO :rolleyes: thing for a man, cause women just don't savvy this technical & mechanical stuff. It has never happened to me though.:D

Jim M

MrsPacMan

Jim -
That was funny. I didn't expect him to ask me - it is the old wife helping husband, husband helping wife that we have problems. I always use google to find things so I am sure it was no surprise to him I found the answer through google. :)

Thanks for the welcome - I have been lurking for a while and thought I would join to. :)

Stacie