2010 International Heartland Owners Rally - Location Poll

Poll Closed: 2010 Rally Location

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm with you Gus. Now that I've got a year to plan, I will certainly make Nashville. We have stayed at that KOA before. Nice place and while all of the traditional Nashville stuff is exciting, the real attraction is having a Camping World within walking distance....Now that's worth going to!!:)

Never stayed there but I've driven right by it several times. Matter of fact, we once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express right up the road (sounds like a commercial:eek:). You're right about the Camping World! Ever since they closed the store in Manassas, we've been having withdrawal pains. When we were in Myrtle Beach last November one of the Camping Worlds (yep, they have TWO there!) was just a short distance away. Think we spent as much time there as we did at the campground.

DennisZ

I just got an E-mail from Good Sam about their 2010 Rally, its the weekend after our 2010 rally in Nashville, and theirs is in Louisville, KY, only about 175 miles from Nashville. It might be nice to have a big Heartland showing at their rally also.

Dennis

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
I'm with you Gus. Now that I've got a year to plan, I will certainly make Nashville. We have stayed at that KOA before. Nice place and while all of the traditional Nashville stuff is exciting, the real attraction is having a Camping World within walking distance....Now that's worth going to!!:)
If we decide to go to the rally in Nashville, maybe we can convoy with some other local folks!:)

boatto5er

10-4! By golly, I think we've got ourselves a convoy :D. Seriously, that would be a great idea. Safety (and fun) in numbers. I'm sure there's a good location in SW Virginia we could all meet up at. Deb and I will probably plan on staying somewhere overnight the night before getting into Nashville.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
10-4! By golly, I think we've got ourselves a convoy :D. Seriously, that would be a great idea. Safety (and fun) in numbers. I'm sure there's a good location in SW Virginia we could all meet up at. Deb and I will probably plan on staying somewhere overnight the night before getting into Nashville.
There are lotsa good places around here to meet! Including our farm, unless it rains, gets kinda messy around here!! We are right on the way to Emporia. I guess it would all depend on which way we head there!

timdebs

We are in for Nashville. We would be coming from Eastern NC but would like to join convoy also, maybe could meet at Camping World in Greensboro.

boatto5er

There are lotsa good places around here to meet! Including our farm, unless it rains, gets kinda messy around here!! We are right on the way to Emporia. I guess it would all depend on which way we head there!

With some of us coming from Northern VA and MD, it would be much better to look for some place in the SW corner of the state. Would work out better for travel distances also (5+ hours for me to get to Bristol, 4+ hours the next day to get to Nashville).

Doesn't make Jackie and I much difference. The distance to each is not much different. I had the whole state of Kansas as part of my territory before I retired.
The people there are kind of laid back and just a pleasure to do business with.
The fairground might have a better layout to take a hundred or so campers.
Just my thoughts.

brunsje

Elaine and I would love to go to either place! I retire in June 2010, so this would be a great way to start my retirement! We have the dates on the calendar!

2010augusta

The mother-in-law only lives 45 minutes from Nashville, so we might be able to get time off, and hit the rally and see the family all in one trip. It might be a long haul depending on where we are working by then. I don't know if we can even plan 11 months ahead, it only took about 3 months to go from no RV and a nice house to a no house and a great RV. :D and that was only 10 months ago. it funny how much life can change in a year.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
It will be a goal of ours to attend the 2010 Nashville rally. Coming from southern california in the heat of the summer will be a stretch, but maybe it can be a part of a larger trip. DennisZ's idea of going to Louisville for the Good Sam Rally the week following sounds very appetizing as well. Now that we have travelled alone for several days this past summer and gained alot of confidence, Debbi and I just may comfortable enough to take on this adventure.
I would be curious about campgrounds to stay on the way, so if anyone has good ideas let us know. Whether we actually go or not is a nice dream that hopefully will come true.

rick_debbie_gallant

HMMMM! Really got to think that one over. That is the weekend of the Port Huron to Mackinac Race (297 miles of on the water fun). This would make race number 9 if I race, the first one I have missed with the same boat and crew if I dont race and go to Opryland. RATS, got to really think about that one.:(:confused: Will have to talk to DWD and see what she would like to do.

cableman

Rally

We just returned from Virginia beach and really liked the people. We are consideringgoing to the rally from western pa and thought staying in virginia and hooking up with your convoy.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Right now I got Debbi talked into going to this Heartland National rally, only hoping my back will hold up.
Went on Microsoft Streets and Trips and we plan on 9 stops along the way to Nashville, TN from San Clemente, CA. Plan to stop in, on or near Flagstaff, AZ, Gallup, NM, Alburquerque, NM, Amarillo, TX, Oklahoma City, OK, Little Rock, Arkansas, and over to Nashville, TN for the rally. Then over to Louiville, KY for the Good Sam Rally and then who knows where? Knowing the wife we will end up in Southern OR and down to Napa Wine country on the way home. Anyone who knows of great campgrounds along our path from socal to Nashville, let us know! We are all ears and have no problems veering off the path on our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.