Tire pressure/towing 3055rl/2007 duramax 2500/single rear wheels

patrick1945

To date I have towed with the prescribed 55 front and 80 rear but would like to hear discussion of other PSI's if there is any.

I have the stock tires that come with the 2007 GMC Classic.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick, I run 80 psi rear 55 psi front when towing. When not towing I run 55 psi all the way around. I keep my spare inflated at 80 psi.
Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
patrick1945, I don't have a 2500 but cookie is right on for your truck. Check the sticker on the door frame. Those numbers are normally used for max GVRW. When empty, it's fine to lower the rears for a little better ride. Regular Rotation is also very important.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
patrick1945, I don't have a 2500 but cookie is right on for your truck. Check the sticker on the door frame. Those numbers are normally used for max GVRW. When empty, it's fine to lower the rears for a little better ride. Regular Rotation is also very important.

I agree...I'd be interested in knowing what the effect of running 55 lbs of air in a 80 pound tire would do.

Bet that sucker rides like a buckboard.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
lefty, this link is to an inflation table. http://www.goodyear.com/rv/pdf/rv_inflation.pdf Basically it's saying as long as you maintain a tires psi in accordance with the weight you are carrying you should be fine. I only run 90 psi in my Goodyear G614's. That is plenty of psi for the weight on the tires. I could go to 110 psi but then I may be overinflated and start wearing the center tread. Under inflate and I'll put premature wear on the outer edges of the tire.

Tire pressure 2500 Chevy

I run 70 in the front and 75 in the rear when towing.

I have tire pressure moniters on the truck.
On a recent trip to Texas I noticed an increase in pressure from the heat of road travel.
4 to 5 lbs increase from the heat of 65mph highway travel.
When I first got the truck I tried the 55 in the front tires.
70 gave me much better handling when towing and I think a small increas
in mpg.

On my 08 3055RL I run 75lbs in all tires.
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/progress.gif​

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
On my 06, I run 80 rear and 55 front when towing, when not towing I drop the rears to 55psi.

I have 48,000 miles on my Bridgstone Duravis M773II, they came on the truck, it is almost time to replace and i will buy the same tire