Heartland has got my attention

Bobby A

We just got back from the factory and couldn't wait to share our experiance. 1st of all, we couldn't of timed it any better, our unit was just rolling to the final area, we were able to go in side and visit our new home/baby. I was completely overwelmed by this, the workers were TERIFFIC !! and very accomadating, they said if I noticed anything that wasn't right they would fix it immetiatly. I thought that was GREAT, I noticed one thing and the guy got right on it and fixed it. I was totally impressed !! Tim Koffman walked us back and he was GREAT, making sure we were happy. I just had to write this, you read some much bad things on this forum, I thought it would be refreshing to hear something positive. We look to take delivery next week, and in hopes of being a proud loyal owner of a Heartland product. All indications as of this writing is I'm very IMPRESSED !!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bobby, well it sounds like your experience was well worth the trip. Maybe you can rest a little easier now. When you do your PDI now, you will know what to look for. Take your time doing the PDI and check everything that can cause a problem later. Good luck and enjoy your new home on wheels. Bob:D

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bobby, good to hear that all went well and that you are on your way to being a happy camper. I know I am.
Peace
Dave

Bobby A

These guys at the plant are GREAT, we went back for a second visit of our new unit. Tim Koffman called the project manager who had the HI-LO driver bring our unit over and hook up a battery opened the slides and let us fiew it again. The project manager spent a lot of time with us. They have gone over and above the call of duty

skyguy

Congratulations! Glad to see you are so close.

I got to wait probably at least 3 more weeks yet!

Al Schlafli (blizzard conditions here now)

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Bobby,

That's great. Wish I was close enough to have done what you did. Anyway for me it's too late. Tomorrow morning at 11AM is our PDI on our new Landmark Pinehurst. I'm so excited I don't think I'll get any sleep tonight.

I've got my PDI check list ready to go, although with all the rain we are having and suppose to have tomorrow, I won't be doing any crawling under or on top of the rig.

Congrats and enjoy.

Keith

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Dont forget to bring a movie camera with you so you can get a picture of things when they show you. It is a big help.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Bobby,

That's great. Wish I was close enough to have done what you did. Anyway for me it's too late. Tomorrow morning at 11AM is our PDI on our new Landmark Pinehurst. I'm so excited I don't think I'll get any sleep tonight.

I've got my PDI check list ready to go, although with all the rain we are having and suppose to have tomorrow, I won't be doing any crawling under or on top of the rig.

Congrats and enjoy.

Keith

We were supposed to do ours today, but a last minute conflict required a change to tomorrow morning. Called the insurance company and reinstated the towing/collision coverage and have the local storage yard site taken care of. I'll borrow a portable generator from the FD and install the Ultra-Fab Eliminators and some vent covers at the storage yard. Plan is to "camp" at a local CG for a couple of nights to really check things over before taking it north for the summer.

klindgren

JohnDar,

Thats what I plan on doing. I've got to teach next weekend, but there is a fairly nice campground, Newport News City Park, right near the college, so I am planning on taking the rig over there and spend some time going over it in the evenings after I get back from the college. Carol is going to spend the days just double checking and making every thing works right.

Sure wish I could go to Charlottesville next weekend for the Virginia Chapter campout. I know I'd have all kinds of help making sure every thing was right.:) Oh well, hopefully the next one.

I've got to teach in Richmond the weekend of April 10-12, and I've already made reservations at Ameri-Camp in Ashland, so I'll get another chance to go over every thing. Then it's back to Newport News City Park for the April 17-19 weekend and my third weekend in a row to get things right. Now if I could just figure out how to take off during the week so I didn't have to go back forth through the Monitor-Merrimac tunnel each time....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
JohnDar,

Thats what I plan on doing. I've got to teach next weekend, but there is a fairly nice campground, Newport News City Park, right near the college, so I am planning on taking the rig over there and spend some time going over it in the evenings after I get back from the college. Carol is going to spend the days just double checking and making every thing works right.

Sure wish I could go to Charlottesville next weekend for the Virginia Chapter campout. I know I'd have all kinds of help making sure every thing was right.:) Oh well, hopefully the next one.

I've got to teach in Richmond the weekend of April 10-12, and I've already made reservations at Ameri-Camp in Ashland, so I'll get another chance to go over every thing. Then it's back to Newport News City Park for the April 17-19 weekend and my third weekend in a row to get things right. Now if I could just figure out how to take off during the week so I didn't have to go back forth through the Monitor-Merrimac tunnel each time....

Charlottesville...been there. We've stayed at a timeshare resort (trade) near Harrisonburg a couple of times and drove down there for a look-see. Wife loves the shopping street mall. Nice town. And we really enjoy the caves along I-81.

SmokeyBare

Good report Bobby,

I'm sure your finding peace of mind now that you've put your finger prints on YOUR new RV. All the questions ahead of time were productive to learn and understand what there was to expect... This forum is a wondeful help to know where to look for isues... to short circiut those possible problem areas...

Good Luck with your new Heartland RV... have a great time camping for many years to come.

Marv

Bobby A

Thanks you all for the support and kind works, also thank you for your patience and understanding as I was all over this forum gathering info and asking questions. this forum is a wonderful source of info, and we are looking forward to meeting some of you sometime at rallies and such. I would encourage anyone who order a unit to coordinate with your rep a time of production and come to the plant as its just ready to roll off the line. What a wonderful experiance, a big THANK YOU to all the guys and gals that built my coach and took pride in it, and those people that I met at the plant that took time to talk to me. Another BIG THANK YOU !!!!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Bobby,

Congrats and enjoy.

Keith

Come on Keith - take a poncho or something like that with you. Get up under that baby and check her out! Think back to when you were a kid. (Of course, some of us have trouble thinking back that far!:eek:). Didn't you love playing in the waterNone?

Gus

Gus

klindgren

Come on Keith - Think back to when you were a kid. (Of course, some of us have trouble thinking back that far!:eek:). Didn't you love playing in the waterNone?

Gus

Gus

DW says I don't have to think back because I'm still a kid...I wonder what she means by that. I'd love to crawl around underneath it tomorrow, but after I pick it up, I have to go back to work, and I'm teaching this weekend so I can't go over and under then either.:( Oh well, hopefully over the next 3 weekends (excluding this one) I'll get enough time in the camper and the weather will cooperate enough that I'll be able to check out the top and bottom real good.