Fell in love at the dealership today

kityhowl

My husband and I fell in love with the Ceder Ridge.
He will be working at different locations about every year and a half.
Anyone had any trouble finding a RV park to take these? Can use park at a regular campground? Anyone had trouble hauling these?

We love the height...my Husband is 6'8" tall and this is the best fit. We have tried about every 5th wheel we could think of or find....suggestions?

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Cedar Ridge is a Park model. They are designed for extended stay not to be towed all over like a travel trailer. Once in a while is OK, don't expect them to handle like a fifth wheel or travel trailer, you will be disapointed.

Most park models, including the Heartland Cedar Ridge, are very tounge heavy. They also have the aerodynamics of bricks and fuel milage towing them is dismal campared to a fifth wheel. Also at 36' - 46' long they are big sails so you don't want to tow them in high winds. Towing it to a new location every year or year and a half is OK, just take your time, there is no dragging these down the road at 70 mph like a fiver, run about 55 - 60 tops with a park model.

One more thing for those considering towing these.... That nice big bay window up front is just begging for a stone, bird or other piece of road debris to take it out.

For campgrounds that can accomodate them it's best you call ahead.

Here's a few pics of a 40 footer I drug up to Canada to drool over. Enjoy
IMG01079.jpg

IMG01122.jpg

IMG01125.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have some friends here in Corpus that just bought a different brand. Hampton. While it was very nice, from the pictures I see of the Heartland Cedar Ridge, I would prefer the Heartland. Much classier looking in the pictures. If the parks you would normally stay in are equipped for park models, you should have no trouble getting one in.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
In addition to my previous post.

All I could say was WOW! We were out for a drive and noticed a Cedar Ridge at one of our 5 local dealers so we stopped in for a visit. They actually have 4 on the lot. The Cedar Ridge is the only Heartland product carried by this dealer, Greeneway RV.
I haven't seen too many park models in my life but the C.R. is the nicest I've ever seen. Large cabinets with big drawers and full pull glides like our 5th wheels. Very nice floor plans and if we were in the market, I would buy without hesitation. We liked the 40FKSS. There were two things we didn't like. One was they all had too many windows. This could be a problem for hot or cold climates but dual pane windows are an option. The second was not having a bathtub. It's the one thing Lin misses. So she tells me.;)
If anyone is in the market for a park model the Cedar Ridge should be considered.

M

Mystriven

Just got this beauty July 3rd and its parked in a campground in Ontario Canada. Its the 41 foot RBQB model.

She is a beauty and we just spent our 2nd weekend in it.

Here is a few snapshots of it.

RoulotteJoSophie001.jpg

RoulotteJoSophie002.jpg

RoulotteJoSophie003.jpg

If ever you would like to see the inside I can post a few other pics?

Enjoy. :)

M

Mystriven

Hey Fred,
Here are a few shots we got from the first weekend and its still a bit upside down but here goes...

KITCHEN:

RoulotteJoSophie008.jpg

KITCHEN & DINING TABLE:
RoulotteJoSophie006.jpg

LIVING ROOM:

RoulotteJoSophie007.jpg

HALLWAY TO BEDROOM AND BATHROOM:

RoulotteJoSophie004.jpg

BATHROOM:I did not get pix of the cabinets behind the door and the toilet

RoulotteJoSophie005.jpg

MASTER BEDROOM WITH KING SIZE BED:

RoulotteJoSophie010.jpg

I will get more pictures of the rest (other corners) next week end. The pictures of the kids bedroom is not shown due to clutter :D and not finished unpacking all the stuff we collected during the years.

While I agree, this isn,t for towing evey weekend, I would think it would be the perfect answer if it is only going to be moved every year or so. Its going to be a lot more comfortable than the lighter ones. also this is a "park trailer" not a park model it is a licensed RV. Not sure about the rules in other states, but in Minnesota, it must be under 400 square feet which ours is and I think we have the biggest of the 3. We bought ours to be a seasonal at a campground. Good luck with your quest!