Maiden Voyage

Chris562

Well, it's that time a of year. Time to take my brand new North Country out for a week of spring break fun. We just bought her in January so I'm hoping everything works right and we have no problems. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure what the size of the mattress is on the sleeper sofa? I don't think it's a queen but I can't find anything on the Heartland site that tells me for sure the size. I'm leaning to a double. I know, the easiest way is to pull it out and see for myself...:)

Chris562

I pulled it out and found out it was a double. Which is what I thought it was. Ok guys, here is a bad start for you. We were cleaning the camper and walking in sock feet when our feet hit the front bedroom. Our socks got soaked!! The carpet was completely soaked and I was worried. Looked all around and couldn't find a leak anywhere. I lifted the cargo hold door on the entry side and noticed two screws missing on the bottom of the trim, the other side had screws. I looked closer with a flashlight and could see the rusted screw where the head had been twisted off. Moved some stuff from the cargo hold and water was pooling there below the door. The water was running down the siding, around the face and down into the open screw holes. I wet vacced the carpet as best I could but this has been going on since it was built I bet. Never walked through it with anything but shoes on before. I also had a shower leak but I silconed the bottom edge in the shower to see if that stops it. Not a good start at all and I'm going to call Heartland tomorrow about the issues. I'm worried there has been damage to the wood frame, flooring, and carpet.

tmcran

So sorry to hear that . We have been trying to get our new Sundance ready for a trip since we got ours in Feb. Almost 2 weeks at dealer did not fix the leaking shower at the pan and surround. Finally put up a shower curtain with velcro and stopped it from leaking but still needs to be taken apart and re-caulked. We got ready for our 2nd trip and when washing the RV found major leak in the front BR slide at the bottom(wet carpet). Been at the dealers for going on 4 weeks and still not fixed. Hope you get a quick and easy fix for the problem.

Chris562

Well, just got back from my trip to My Old Kentucky Home. The days were very nice but the evenings full of rain, especially last night. I never could get the shower to stop leaking. It appears that when someone is in the shower, the base moves while the surround stays put. I put a lot of silicone round the surround on the inside but that didn't work. My lights above the dinette and couch would not work either. There were some other minor issues but it's like when you buy a brand new home, you are going to have some problems to get worked out. I know I will have to buy the Reese Dual-Cam sway control to add to my hitch because man does it sway without it. My camper is now at Bluegrass RV in Lexington for the warranty work and they have promised to work with Heartland to get the kinks worked out. The only other big issue for me, and it's not Heartland's fault, is that when I bought my camper from a big dealer in Cincinnati, someone had pushed the door back too far and put a hole in the fiberglass just above the latch in the bottom corner. They were supposed to put me a new door on it. When I picked it up, it had a rubber stop there and they said the door was replaced. I found out that they did not replace the door and merely covered it up with the rubber stop. The door got away from me in the wind and swung open, hitting the rubber stop against the other plastic stop. It just pushed the rubber stop on the door into the hole void and broke all the fiberglass. It would have held if they had filled the hole and reinforced the door were the hole was but they didn't. Guess I'll be fighting that one with the dealer.