Convection Microwave

ChopperBill

I know Deb ordered on for there 3055RL with now problem. Maybe she will jump in here and add something. My wife didn't even care for a microwave as we don't use one in our TC. I would like to make some popcorn without having to buy Jiffy Pop!

Deb

Deb
Chopper Bill is right - we ordered a Convection oven at an additional cost of 265.00 on our 3055. I have a convection/microwave oven in the house and love it. So to me this is a wonderful option.

Deb

DennisZ

Deb
Is the convection oven any bigger than the microwave that comes standard, and did you have to give up the regular oven to get the option??

Thanks
Dennis

Deb

Deb
Dennis
I didn't ask about the size. I assume that it fits in the same place as the regular Microwave. The dealer didn't mention that I would be giving up the gas oven. Maybe I should ask him. Will let you know when I find out. It will be great to have a electric oven while on the road.

Deb

BluegrassMan

Hey Guys N' Gals:

You may want to double check on your (gas) oven as being standard epuipment. When we ordered our GC, the oven wasn't included, (there was a deep drawer for pots and pans)! The oven was optional even on a Landmark.

jpmorgan37

We got the Convection/Microwave in our Grand Canyon and omitted the oven. We had a little problem with getting things cooked completely at first. We bought a thermometer and found out that the oven was low 50+ degrees from the setting. I contacted Dometic and they are replacing the oven. For now, we just set the temp 50 degrees higher and it works great. So far we haven't missed the oven but like the extra storage space under the range top.

John

DennisZ

Scott What About this

Coley or Scott
From what I see on the forum, a combination microwave/convection oven is an option on the Big Horns, the dealer I'm working with tells me they are NOT really a convection oven, but just a browner, what is the real story??

Thanks
Dennis

Scott

BH Convection

We used to have an Apollo "half time" option in the Bighorn which was a microwave/convection. It wasn't as nice as say the Dometic convection used in the Landmark, but it was a convection.
I do not see it as an option any longer on the price sheet. I will have to get with sales, but I would assume that it was less than a 10% option, so it was eliminated.
ST

tcbrady

Scott is correct - BIGHORN does not have an option for a convection microwave. BIGHORN comes standard with a regular microwave. If you absolutely must have a convection half/time microwave your dealer can order one through the Heartland parts department.

Model #: Apollo Half Time AAC24BI
Plus trim kit

Hope this helps with the confusion. In the event that BIGHORN decides to go back to a convection option I will post it on the owners forum.

thanks!