Getting Ready for Delivery

Pugshop

Our new 2010 BH 3055 was delivered to the dealer yesterday afternoon. None! We plan to take delivery next week and make the maiden trip next weekend. I picked up the PDI checklist off the forums - they were very informative and should help us make sure all checks out well.

If anyone has helpful tips or advice for us on the BH, we are all ears. We are experienced 5th wheelers - just got out of a 99 Jayco Eagle and can't wait to get in the BH!

Happy Trails!

jimtoo

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have everything hooked up, water, sewer, electric,,,, make them show you every detail of operation. It may take a long time, but it will be worth it. Run the water, turn on the TV, Stereo, work the slides, drain the tanks. Do it all. And if you have satellite tv with dish that they installed on the trailer, take a receiver and make sure it works.. But what ever, check it out good and enjoy your new unit...

Jim M

Pugshop

Jim,

I appreciate the advice. We will do our best to check everything out before we leave the dealers lot. I'll have to restrain my husband to make sure we run through everything. He is so excited to get back to camping. Its been 4 years since we spent any time camping (other than roughing it in a tent with Cub Scouts) - I went back to school and got 2 degrees. Now that that's over, we are planning on enjoying our new BH to the fullest. I'll keep you posted on how delivery and the shake down trip goes.

Thanks,
Pugshop

Chuck Richard

One thing I would say is to put some water in all the sinks and let it sit for a bit with thw drains closed. I and many others had problems with the drain plunbing. Check under the sinks for any water.

Pugshop

Thanks for all the responses, especially about the satellite TV. I will try to convince my husband that the satellite hook up needs to be tested at the PDI. Checking all the water issues is definitely a priority! I'll post an update when we get done with PDI and the initial camping trip.

Thanks,
Pugshop:)

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Leave no stone unturned---really

I agree with everyone here. Take you sweet time and do it all. If the dealership is worth a hoot they will not mind this at all. Try the DVD player, FM radio,satellite,fresh water tank,water pump,try siphoning with the pump like as if you were winterizing the system,fill all the tanks and check the sensors to see if they read properly,try the micro,oven,check refer on electric and gas,check water heater on electric and gas, try the airmatress and check for leaks,try all doors and drawers and check for alignment/sagging,pull the couch out away from the wall same with chairs, note any and all cosmetic issues and have dealership fix them right away or have them note it for another time to be fixed. Cosmetic issues are not part of the 1 year warranty. Check the roof and caulk. Check all windows for function and caulk. Well I could go on but I think you get it.

Good luck,

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ask the dealer to open up the basement wall and you crawl in there and take a look. If the unit has been connected to water and the systems run, you may be able to spot problems before they get major at a campground.

My tech was a big fellow (tall, not obese), so I used his driver and did it myself. We found the sediment filter on the water pump was loose and had leaked a small puddle on top of the black tank via the basement floor. You could not see it without opening up the wall panel.

Run your hands around every plumbing connection you can reach, both underneath and under the cabinets. Check all the fittings.