somewhat concerned

We just purchashed the 3012RE6 last month. I have been reading alot about other models but have heard nothing about this model. Does anyone have this model or is familiar with it. The horror stories concern me about other sundance models re: leakage/quality control from factory. Any info is appreciated.:confused:

sandman

HeY camper dont be to concerned i have 2007 sundance 29rk had a few small things go wrong but overall a great coach. They tend to have a few small issues but that is to be expected NOTHING IS PERFECTand if you do heartland if fantasic about fixing any issues you may have so check it over really good and go camping and have loads of fun.:D:D:cool::cool:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
There are some owners that have some problems, some very minor, some much greater:(. However, we've had no (knock on wood) problems with our Sundance, and I believe that the great majority of Sundance owners have not had any significant problems. We just don't post about non-problems:). You need to perform periodic checks on items like water connections, tires, bearings, screws, slide-out mechanisms. It's normal maintenance requirements for a vehicle that gets bounced around some pretty rough roads and hiways.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
I double check those thing that other owners have wrote in on !! Have not found many issues and feel very postive about our Sundance !! Just remember bad new's always travels faster than good new's

mcbubba

We have a "09" 3012RE and love it. We had some bad experiences with leaks, tub enclosure not sealed adequately, outside shower leaking and loose plumbing connections, but all is good now. One advantage to this model is that there are no heavy appliances in the slideouts to cause problems later. Only other problem was with the passenger side rear taillight bulb going out after each rainstorm we traveled through. This turned out to be water getting in behind the lens and dripping on the bulb, (the other side has a shield over top the bulb that reflects light down on the license plate). We are very happy with ours and wish you good luck with yours!

jmaguire

Jesse, we have the same model as you. We have camped in it once so far, and it was very comfortable and nice. We have to get the electric water heater fixed and the battery wont properly hold a charge but those are minor issues. The heat duct to the back of the camper also came loose and i had to re-attach them but again no big deal. Still getting used to it though. good to hear someone else has the same type as us. The loft is really cool for the kids.

JesseM

I'm glad to hear someone else has one of these units, also glad to hear that you have not had many big issues with it. I was hoping to get out this week end but it snowed here again today (plus 21 C yesterday) so looks like we will be hold a while longer
Thanks for the reply