Boy did I get upset----unnecessarily

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well I was getting ready to go to the campground for our first outing this year. I must have pulled the power cord just right and there went the plastic door flying off and landing on the ground. So a few choice words were in order. Looked at the door laying on the ground and saw that the right side hinge pin was broken off, or so I thought. Took a look at the frame that it came off of and saw the hole that the broken pin is supposed to go into. Man I was getting upset. What a dummy! So I took the door down to the basement and was looking for something I could rfeplace the broke pin with. So I'm looking at this door anxiously trying to find a suitable hinge pin. Then it hits me, why is there a hole in the place where a hinge pin should be. Hey dummy, there used to be a spring and a hinge pin in that hole you keep looking at. So I go back to the camper and start looking around on the ground and low-and-behold, there is a plastic pin and not far from it was a spring. HMMMMMM, turns out that this was a pretty good design. Saved my rearend and a call to customer service. Took me a couple times to get this back together but I did do it.

Thanks for listening,
Mark

Attachments

• 100_0120.JPG
    100_0120.JPG
    365.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_0122.JPG
    100_0122.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_0121.JPG
    100_0121.JPG
    390.9 KB · Views: 96

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey at least you found the parts, especially the spring and were able to get it back together. Is the left side of the door a fixed pin? I had the exhaust vent over the cook top break a pin and I had to jury rig a pin on both sides. It pays to be handy when we own these beasts.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Ray,
Yes the left side pin is fixed. And yes you are correct, trying to find that spring wasn't easy. I was really worried that it fell down the crevice between the concrete driveway and the garage wall. Luckily it did not.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW Ray - all the stars were lined up right for you!!! My luck seems to never run that way. Be thankful.