12 volt outlets

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tom, as far as I know there are 2 - 12 volt receptacles available but they may not have the easiest access. They should be located in the television cabinets in the bedroom and Living room. It wouldn't be too difficult to add a receptacle or to use an extension cable for easier access.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I use 12 volts at the desk. I have run #2 welding cable back there with a 100 amp fuse on each line. Yes it is overkill for charging a phone, but works well with my ham radio which takes 20 amps when I transmit.
There is one 12 volt cig lighter over the desk on our 3055. With no load on it there is about a .3 volt drop from the batteries.

Chuck Richard

My '09 3055RL has no 12 volt outlets and it was one complaint I had. The bedroom TV comes with 12 volt cord but I have no option to use it. That said I'm sure the booster for the TV signal could be changed out and add the plug but I have not felt like taking the TV out and making the change. I have no outlet at the desk and would have to wire as done above and hope the 2010 models did add these in.