Rear floor vent in 3055RL non-functional

wyleyrabbit

Hi everyone,

On our last couple of trips, we have noticed that absolutely no air blows out of the rear-most floor vent in our 2009 3055RL. This is the vent that's in front of and between the two recliners. Is this some sort of a cold-air return? Or should we have air flow out of here as well as the one that's a few feet forward?

Cheers,
Chris

jmaguire

On my Eagle Ridge I found that the ducts had come loose from the furnace. My furnace is located under the TV, behind a return grill. If you take the grill off you can see the furnace. The supply ducts are inserted into the knockouts in the furnace and turned to lock in. Mine had come loose and the air was not going into the ducts. After I reinstalled them I taped to metal adapter so they wouldn't work loose again.

tmcran

I have the same problem on my Sundance. My furnace is under the frige. I took the panel off and can see the furnace but it looks as if the ducts are coming out of the bottom. I can't see where they connect to the furnace.
Does this sound right? I may just be missing something.:confused:

jmaguire

Open your return grill and tun your furnace on. you will be able to feel the warm air if any of the ducts are off. What also will happen is that the warm air is drawn right back into the return. Not very efficient. It is a very tight fit, so you may have some trouble manuevering in there.

Chris,

We also have a 3055RL and have noticed the same thing. I pulled the covers off the two vents and took digital pictures looking both ways. There is a large sheet metal type air duct the runs from the furnace with no obstruction to the two vents. The most rearward vent just doesn't get much air flow. So the vent has a purpose, just suffers from a lack of air flow.

Since it sits under the recliner (we only travel with one recliner), I figure why heat the underside of a chair. So I taped off the bottom of the vent and it forces more air out of the remaining vents.

If you aren't getting any air, maybe the camera down into vent hole might help to detect any blockage.

Hope that helps,
Jim

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
ours was usless when we got our rig. Had to pressure the dealer to have a look. They found the vent under the furnace slightly off and re cut the hole. I have used aluminum foil tape to seal the furnace to the floor and all the unused vent holes. Also redid the foil tape on the floor vents and shut the stool room vent.

Chuck Richard

We have the same 3055RL and the vent does flow OK, I know for sure because the cold air when it first turns on is a shock when sitting in the recliners. Must be something blocked or a vent secion disconected.

Peteandsharon

As I recall, the heating vents on my 3055 had no such problem. The A/C was another matter but heat was good. I'm doing this from memory but isn't the end vent (the one in the recliner area) just 3-4 feet away from the other living room vent and in a straight line? Can't see why one would be alright and the other one dead unless there is some sort of blockage in the vent between the two. Get a mirror and light and open up the good vent and peek towards the back. Must be something blocking it there.