Caulk repair on BC 3250 TS

dp7955

When we did our walk through on our unite, I noticed a couple of seams that the caulk had pulled out and asked for them to be repaired before we took it home. After signing all the papers we went back to the shop and our BC was ready to go! :rolleyes: This weekend was our maiden voyage, everything worked great, I had some extra time on Saturday, and the weather was great, decided to wax The Beast, While waxing I found that the Dealer had used silicone over the orignal caulk, it fell right off. I would like to use the right caulk to replace the cracked caulk , Is it a dealer only product or can it be got'en at a local hardware store, if so what type is it :confused: Thanks, Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dave, Mark gave you great information. That said, Congratulations on your new Big Country and Welcome to the Heartland Family and Forum.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
My vote on caulk goes to 100% white silicone in any brand. It will stay white and will not mildew or turn black like most of the caulk i have seen on rv's. Waiting to see how the bighorn caulk will hold up.