Wind and Grill...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We use the Weber Baby Q grill most of the time to cook outside. I have a small fold up table I normally set it on which is about knee high. The problem I have is when get the grill out and the wind was blowing. I had to move it behind the trailer to block the wind.

Those of you that use a propane grill, what do you use to stop the wind from blowing the flames out. Years ago my dad had a white gas stove that had metal sides that could be set up to block the wind. Was wondering if there was something like that around some where?

Any suggestions or ideas??

BC

imchud

We use the Weber Baby Q grill most of the time to cook outside. I have a small fold up table I normally set it on which is about knee high. The problem I have is when get the grill out and the wind was blowing. I had to move it behind the trailer to block the wind.

Those of you that use a propane grill, what do you use to stop the wind from blowing the flames out. Years ago my dad had a white gas stove that had metal sides that could be set up to block the wind. Was wondering if there was something like that around some where?

Any suggestions or ideas??

BC

Bobcat,
check out this website ( www.grillguard.com) they are about 65.00:( but they are nice and work great...

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bob,
I saw the grill guard that Tom and Linda suggested while at the Good Sam rally. It looks like it would work well, but sadly, it won't work on my grill.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think if a guy was handy and had the tools available, a very similar gadget could be made from a small sheet (handy panel) of 1/4" plywood and a couple of hinges. It could be painted or treated to withstand the weather. The cost may be under $10.

Tom of Ypsi

We bought one of the grill guards at the GS Rally and it does help. They are a little pricey but they are of high quality USA made stainess steel.