Anyone use the iPhone for this forum?

wyleyrabbit

Does anyone other than me try to use this forum with an iPhone?

Aside from needing to zoom in (easy...just double-tap the screen, and it zooms appropriately) for the smaller stuff, everything worked great.

Unfortunately, someone decided to fix what clearly wasn't broken, and now the forum is virtually unusable. There are no graphics, no ability to search for topics, no ability to see user's pictures, etc. Most of the functionality that makes this place a great resource for information was removed.

There seems to be no way to turn this "enhancement" off and go back to the regular forum interface that works (worked??) great on the iphone. When we go out camping, we don't always have the laptop with us, so why why WHY has someone decided to break the forum for iphone users and make it an inch short of completely useless for iphone users?

If I'm really the only user of this forum that would like to use my iphone for forum visits, then I really don't understand what the motivation was in fixing what wasn't broken, and in the process, completely breaking nearly everything. It really couldn't be much worse.

If I'm not the only iphone user, then I can't imagine I'm alone in my frustration.

Maybe if other people post their thoughts, someone will listen and finally fix what they broke.

Chris

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi Wabbit...
Good to see there are a few techies out there.. I don't have an IPhone. I have two laptops as we travel fulltime. I have to have a lot bigger screen and those little bitty keys and my big fat fingers, ... I don't think they would get along.

My daughter texts and reads her email on her phone. It is not an IPhone but probably works the same way. I hope they get this working for you. A lot of people are now going that way. I can't afford the phone and probably can't operate the small keyboard. Think I will keep with my notebooks.

BC

PS.. You going to the rally in Goshen?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I'm usually on my laptop, but after reading your post, I tried my iPhone again. No problems for mine. I used it in Denver with 3G service and just now back in Wyoming. No 3G, just an 'E'. EDGE, I think. Don't know what to tell you.

wyleyrabbit

Wow!!! I have to say to Jim and everyone else involved with this forum a huge Thank You!!! The mobile interface is back to the same interface as the regular one that everyone uses on their real computers! Works perfectly on my iphone now. Yes yes yes!

Now my favorite forum works again. Yay. :) Please keep it this way.