2018 Newport with pantry in place of 1/2 bath

n2jmh

Hi folks, I have been lurking here for a month in preparation of a Landmark purchase. Was at dealer today to possibly order and they informed me of the option to replace the 1/2 bath with a pantry. My wife loves everything about this unit except the lack of storage. We thought we would go with the Arlington but dealer says they are being discontinued. Has anyone ordered this option and have any pictures? Tried the search function without much luck.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We have a 2015 Newport without the 1/2 bath. We call it the "office" and use it as such. Not sure if the pantry option is the same thing (I thought they discontinued offering it). Mine is at the dealer for some minor service work so I can't take any pictures right now, but I'll look through my photos and see if I can find some pictures. I can tell you, it got a ton of storage. So much so, that we don't use all of it.

n2jmh

We have a 2015 Newport without the 1/2 bath. We call it the "office" and use it as such. Not sure if the pantry option is the same thing (I thought they discontinued offering it). Mine is at the dealer for some minor service work so I can't take any pictures right now, but I'll look through my photos and see if I can find some pictures. I can tell you, it got a ton of storage. So much so, that we don't use all of it.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the sales guy said you could chose office or pantry in place of 1/2 bath for an up charge of course. He had a few options on a second sheet of paper, it also included Goodyear tires.
So if you have the office option I presume they didn't mount the second black tank then also.

Jim

LTrussell

Hi Jim,

There is a thread in this forum that says the Arlington is back in production and if you look at the floor plans on this site you can see that they have changed the bathroom a little. My husband and I are looking at that floor plan and the phoenix.

klindgren

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the sales guy said you could chose office or pantry in place of 1/2 bath for an up charge of course. He had a few options on a second sheet of paper, it also included Goodyear tires.
So if you have the office option I presume they didn't mount the second black tank then also.

Jim

That is correct Jim. I do not have the second black tank. Mine also came with the Goodyear tires, but then I purchased this unit at the Tampa RV Show in 2015 so it was pretty loaded with options so they could show it off. They had two of them close together. One had King bed, darker interior colors, dishwasher, induction cooktop and the downstairs 1/2 bath. This one had queen bed, lighter interior colors, gas oven with gas cooktop, no dishwasher and the downstairs office. It was exactly what "She Who Must Be Listened To And Obeyed" wanted. She fell in love with it and even though our 2014 San Antonio Landmark was less than 2 years old, we got this one. I have fallen in love with the Newport and have not seen any models since that would get me out of this rig. It is perfect for us.

TrailCreek

I found that the Newport with half bath has a lot of cabinet space, plus room above the toilet for a corner cabinet. With the slide out pantry drawers next to the stove (left side of stove), we have a ton of storage. Tossing paper towels and toilet paper above the vanity in the half bath, and using the basement for a few items is enough without over loading.

I am glad we have the half bath. Crawling over the bed when traveling is an option, but the one just inside the door "down stairs" is easier. Also, one of us inevitably is up earlier than the other and not having to move around the bedroom and front bath is quieter.

We full time and the Newport has been a perfect option, for our needs. Took the dinette out and put in a desk as I work from home. Beth can nap when I am working, and I can avoid running up stairs and through the bedroom to the bath.

farside291

We have the BC with the same floor plan and ditto on having plenty of storage for food and dishes. The downstairs bath is wonderful. No one has to walk through my bedroom to the bathroom and my DW does not have to put all of her personal stuff away every time we have company. She keeps the downstairs bathroom looking like a bathroom in a model home. Plus, the downstairs bathroom will allow you to replace the toilet with the "King of Thrones" the Dometic 320 as Travel Tiger has once said. The upstairs bath I don't believe will work with the 320 because of wall spacing. I work and live out of the BC while on the road and being able to shower and go downstairs without having to go back upstairs to use the bathroom before leaving is a huge plus. Waking up the DW and two dogs at 5 am is not good.

n2jmh

"She Who Must Be Listened To And Obeyed"

I thought I was the only one walking around saying that??? We are close to full time, hope within 2 years. Wife likes the Newport, we have an open range 3x now that we are going to get beat up on bad so I have 1 chance to get this right, can't swap them in every couple years, it gets expensive.

I looked and looked for more info on the Arlington but after the comments above about the second bath I might try to talk her into that. I have a great custom cabinet maker local, I am sure he could add some more storage.

Appreciate all the reply, seem like a great bunch of folks in here.

Thanks,
Jim

klindgren

[QUOTE Appreciate all the reply, seem like a great bunch of folks in here. Thanks, Jim[/QUOTE]
Trust me Jim, you won't find a nicer bunch of people than the Heartland Owners Club folks. Always willing to share knowledge and fun. When you get your Newport, please consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. I promise you, you won't regret it.

Just glad I was able to share what little knowledge I have. If you get the 1/2 bath downstairs, you won't regret it. Most folks prefer it and it already has a ton of storage space without adding any cabinets, but there is space to add one over the camode. Because I still "work" from the road, we wanted the downstairs office and it works well for us. If you get a chance go to an RV show or dealer that has a Newport with the 1/2 bath. That might just be the selling point for "The Boss." Call Heartland Customer Service and ask them where the closest dealer with a 1/2 bath Newport is to you.
Keith

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I thought I was the only one walking around saying that??? We are close to full time, hope within 2 years. Wife likes the Newport, we have an open range 3x now that we are going to get beat up on bad so I have 1 chance to get this right, can't swap them in every couple years, it gets expensive.

I looked and looked for more info on the Arlington but after the comments above about the second bath I might try to talk her into that. I have a great custom cabinet maker local, I am sure he could add some more storage.

Appreciate all the reply, seem like a great bunch of folks in here.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim, in case you didn't know, manufacturers change the decor/options every year. Floor plans can last about 3-4 years before they are likely retired to make room for the latest and greatest. Just be aware if you all "fall in love" with a floorplan/decor now, it won't be the same in 2 years. Cabinetry color and style, flooring, window treatments, color/style of the hardware, fabric color for furniture will change, and the the Mrs., it makes a BIG difference.

I was recently looking at an advertisement online for a 2016 Big Country, same floorplan as ours. But it was the "early" 2016, and I still hated it!

Back in 2016, we saw this plan in Goshen at the National Rally. We liked the plan but could not get past the decor. They changed a bunch of the decor in "late" 2016, and we loved it! And bought it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n2jmh

Local dealer within an hour has a Newport, Charleston and Louisville on the lot. We have been there twice, last time they had us at the table and we put together an order since the Newport they have on the lot is the old no buffet and fold out bed in the rear style. The Charleston has the newer colors so that is why I wanted to order. We actually went there with plans to look at the Newport and order an Arlington. We were still a little bit apart on the numbers so we left. I am in the north so not in a rush and am thinking maybe wait until we are closer to going fulltime.

Thanks,
Jim

TrailCreek

We saw a Newport at the Tampa show and fell in love. Beth said get the Splendid washer and dryer, not combo, we love it. She wanted the stainless steel farm sink and dishwasher. Love them too. After 6 months, I'm so glad she put her foot down. It's a great unit.

TrailCreek
2017 F350 King Ranch
2017 Landmark Newport
Beth & Thom - Full Timers.

klindgren

[QUOTE After 6 months, I'm so glad she put her foot down. It's a great unit. [/QUOTE]
They are addicting aren't they TrailCreek. :) :)

davidaf

We were in Elkhart last year and wandered onto a lot to see what kinda goodies they had to show off. Found a Newport with the "pantry/office" option. Salesman said they couldn't move it because everybody wanted a 1/2 bath. We snatched her up. I wanted an office so bad since we full time and i still work full time. It's a small space but I spend 8-10 hours a day in there. Big enough space for me to do my job with a door to give me "some" quiet. I'm on the phone most of the day so the wife isn't being shushed over and over, so it's a double win.

We looked at several units with offices, kids rooms, craft rooms but they were always too large. i didn't' want to give up that much space for an activity I don't really want to be doing anyway (doesn't everybody want to play instead of work?).

It's a bit dark outside this is about the best i could do. Need a fisheye lens to make the office look big. ;)
IMG_7491.JPGIMG_7489.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7489.JPG
    IMG_7489.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 46

klindgren

[QUOTE
View attachment 55028View attachment 55029[/QUOTE]

Dang, davidaf. How do you keep your office so clean. Mine has the computer and a printer on the workspace and it seems always stay cluttered. Of course, that's why my wife loves being able to shut the door, so she doesn't have to look at my clutter.

davidaf

Dang, davidaf. How do you keep your office so clean. Mine has the computer and a printer on the workspace and it seems always stay cluttered. Of course, that's why my wife loves being able to shut the door, so she doesn't have to look at my clutter.

LOL with all that desktop space, one pen out on the desk makes me crazy. I keep the clutter hidden in the cupboards. Some a little more organized than others. This is my server closet hidden above the desk. The office has plenty of room for my hobbies (and profession). I'll expose myself as the full geek i am. Full enterprise class network, 32 Terabytes of storage, 5 physical servers, 5 virtual servers, all micro sized to fit in our limited space.. Bet nobody can guess what kinda profession i'm in. :D Wife has to be happy I slowed down on my HAM radio hobby. That poor office would be packed.

IMG_7108.jpg

JandL

[QUOTE Appreciate all the reply, seem like a great bunch of folks in here. Thanks, Jim
Trust me Jim, you won't find a nicer bunch of people than the Heartland Owners Club folks. Always willing to share knowledge and fun. When you get your Newport, please consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. I promise you, you won't regret it.

Just glad I was able to share what little knowledge I have. If you get the 1/2 bath downstairs, you won't regret it. Most folks prefer it and it already has a ton of storage space without adding any cabinets, but there is space to add one over the camode. Because I still "work" from the road, we wanted the downstairs office and it works well for us. If you get a chance go to an RV show or dealer that has a Newport with the 1/2 bath. That might just be the selling point for "The Boss." Call Heartland Customer Service and ask them where the closest dealer with a 1/2 bath Newport is to you.
Keith[/QUOTE]

We liked the floor plan of the Newport but liked the main bath, mirror/window of the Bighorn, so we ordered the Bighorn 3870.