Project LM 365

porthole

Retired
No Rod they are good. I have been having a bit on my own, it's the only one I know of.
Might be because of my 4 batteries

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Are referring to the truck keeping the batteries up?

If you are, research the Ford charging system and wiring some. I think you find that what is available at the 7 way will not be anywhere what you think it should be. Even with the twin heavy duty alternator option.
For instance, the wire is the minimum gauge required to not burn up :rolleyes:

Running a new 10 gauge wire pair directly from the battery or starter lugs would probably get you what you need at the 7-way. But bypass that and use industrial battery connectors to the RV batteries.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Good to know Duane thanks.
It's only a problem if we stop for long periods of time along the way. If we keep rolling we don't have a problem. Also on the sunny days the solor helps keep up, but at night not so much.!!

oldelmer1

Hi Jarrod,

When you replace the tank valve, will you cut the pull cable down? or leave it 10 feet long, when only needing 3 feet?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Jerrod, just wondering if you ever replaced the valve and if you cut the cable down?

Also, I have a project for you, if you'd like.

I guess because of the length of the cables, my valves dont stay closed unless I push on the handle and hold it for 20 seconds of so.

I cut a board and wedge it between the handle and the outer wall and this keeps the valve closed.

But I was thinking, some kind of a clip that could be mounted behind the bolt head where the pull arm goes into the wall and have this clip on a hing or something so when you push the handle in all the way, the clip would hold the handle in tight.

What do you think?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

No I havnt got around to fixing the valve yet.
And yes I'm sure I could come up with a clip but who knows when I could get around to it.

jbeletti

Wonder if you just got a defective one Jerrod? DelCity seems like a retailer, not a mfr. Their breaker looks the same as the Eaton-Bussman CB181F-80 (link). I got that one from Amazon but never used it myself. We just installed it in Kevin Wolbeck's truck for his dual ViAir compressors.

I need to replace that breaker in my stock. Unsure which one to get. Will probably just do a reorder (link). Thanks for sharing this alternate supply.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Wonder if you just got a defective one Jerrod? DelCity seems like a retailer, not a mfr. Their breaker looks the same as the Eaton-Bussman CB181F-80 (link). I got that one from Amazon but never used it myself. We just installed it in Kevin Wolbeck's truck for his dual ViAir compressors.

I need to replace that breaker in my stock. Unsure which one to get. Will probably just do a reorder (link). Thanks for sharing this alternate supply.

Jim, I too replaced mine with the same breaker that Jerrod has and am having the same issues, I am planning on replacing mine with the one you mentioned when I get back home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jbeletti

Good to know Jerrod. The DelCity item looks to be a private labeled Bussman. Good to have choice of source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was thought LC1 actually recalled the document stating that the 80 amp breaker was to be used. I replaced my 50 amp on a year or so back and it has worked fine ever since.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yesterday I noticed the RV tracking off to the right more then normal. Unfortunately we were in bumper to bumper L.A. traffic so I kept rolling to get the heck out of there. When we arrived to our destination I started inspecting and sure enough I'm missing a wet bolt on the rear spring. Going to replace it today but the hole on the hanger is kinda oval and probably needs to be replaced when I get back home
27087694a5c6563201245e03dd939c48.jpg
e358af32f45a76c79bcae604792f5848.jpg
63f6cd34eb882ca384162af16b76b9af.jpg

richheck

Seasoned Member
Yesterday I noticed the RV tracking off to the right more then normal. Unfortunately we were in bumper to bumper L.A. traffic so I kept rolling to get the heck out of there. When we arrived to our destination I started inspecting and sure enough I'm missing a wet bolt on the rear spring. Going to replace it today but the hole on the hanger is kinda oval and probably needs to be replaced when I get back home

So glad you were able to find this before anything major happened. Be safe my friend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sniper

Whoa! That's scary. Glad you made it to your destination safe n sound without doing any severe damage. :eek:

carl.swoyer

On my 07 Cedar Creek I had a broken leaf spring.
By the time I realized it's condition my frame was bent , twisted and cracked. I had just driven 450 miles from my house to Keywest.
Thank God I always buy the best insurance.
Progressive insurance totalled it and wrote me a check for the original purchase price and repair expenses.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CarterKraft

Today's project is going Well :)
I cut down a band sensor bracket, drilled a hole and bolted the sensor to it with 6-32 × 1/2 cap screw and lock nut.

34d05283e5dfefb20b6d40e7b306f857.jpg

Now I need to make 3 more

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

How did this work out long term?
Are you still happy with it and the Ford trailer TPMS?