Hydralic pump not working

Anyone have trouble with there Hydralic pump dying. I cant take it to dealer because I cant get the leveling feet up. Its on a 2015 Landmark Newport. I tried the reset button on the little electrical part where all your wires pass through that thing above the battery box. Cant figure out how to put a drill motor to run pump off of a drill. any ideas. might have to resort to a mobile RV repair Co.

rhodies1

- - - Updated - - -

On the end of the motor is a cap/ cover which needs to be removed to insert the drill adapter you should have received in your blue packet of literature. First you will need a 5/32 Allen key,I suspect on top of your right had leg is a solenoid, insert the Allen key into end of solenoid and open solenoid Valve.
Then go back to your motor and hook adapter into drill and spin legs up or down as required in order to hook up your tow vehicle. Once you are hooked then you can wind the legs up in order to take to dealer.When the motor is fixed or replaced,you will need to close the solenoid ,if not when opening or retracting slides your unit will go up or down due to the open solenoid.
This process is for the front landing gear.
I suspect you have 6 pt leveling, so someone like Dan will have to give you details on the remaining leg procedures or raising .

- - - Updated - - -

On the end of the motor is a cap/ cover which needs to be removed to insert the drill adapter you should have received in your blue packet of literature. First you will need a 5/32 Allen key,I suspect on top of your right had leg is a solenoid, insert the Allen key into end of solenoid and open solenoid Valve.
Then go back to your motor and hook adapter into drill and spin legs up or down as required in order to hook up your tow vehicle. Once you are hooked then you can wind the legs up in order to take to dealer.When the motor is fixed or replaced,you will need to close the solenoid ,if not when opening or retracting slides your unit will go up or down due to the open solenoid.
I suspect you have 6 pt leveling, so someone like Dan will have to give you details on the remaining leg procedures or raising .
Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.

jimpav

- - - Updated - - -

Odd......I didn't get the "drill adapter" in my blue packet of my 2019 31RLK.........
Also, the Lippert service guy recommends opening the slide(s) valve first, (then closing the slide(s)), followed by the leveling jack vslves (in unison), and finally opening the master landing gear valve (if you can even reach it, located on the top of the jack itself), and then manually turning the pump motor. Lippert feels this sequence mitigates frame twisting.
I feel that everyone should have the required 5/32" hex wrench, and 1/4" hex bit taped someplace in the front compartment for ready use if suddenly needed. I also feel everyone should practice this operation at least once in the rare event you have a component failure in the middle of nowhere on a dark rainy night or someplace.

Exact info can be found in the Lippert " Level up 5th wheel owner's manual." Be sure to consult rev: 02.14.19, CCD-0001531 I believe it's in the "tools" section in this forum.

danemayer

Odd......I didn't get the "drill adapter" in my blue packet of my 2019 31RLK.......

Never heard of the blue pouch having a drill adapter for the hydraulics pump. On some of the electric slide designs, a flexible adapter is provided, probably because of the space limitations.

carl.swoyer

Anyone have trouble with there Hydralic pump dying. I cant take it to dealer because I cant get the leveling feet up. Its on a 2015 Landmark Newport. I tried the reset button on the little electrical part where all your wires pass through that thing above the battery box. Cant figure out how to put a drill motor to run pump off of a drill. any ideas. might have to resort to a mobile RV repair Co.
If you haven't already try replacing the 50 amp breaker. On mine it made a difference until the motor died. When my motor died I removed it and brought it to an alternator repair shop. To rebuild my original motor it cost, ? I think just under or around $ 150.00. Huge savings vs going new for around $1200.00. There are markings on the top that I didn't see right away so use a piece of tape as a reference for the reinstall. Good luck.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danemayer

Do your hydraulic slides operate? If they do, but the landing gear don't operate, next question is whether you have 6 point auto leveling. If so, have you tried operating the hydraulics from the levelup control panel rather than from the switch under the pin box?

carl.swoyer

Have you verified 12 volts at the motor. Using the switch at the pin box, press up and down and verify 12vdc on both sides of the motor while pressing the button.

rhodies1

Yes there is a drill adapter supplied in your blue pkg. it is approx
12 in long ,flexible with a hex head on one end for inserting into the end of the motor assembly on your pump

mlpeloquin

Never heard of the blue pouch having a drill adapter for the hydraulics pump. On some of the electric slide designs, a flexible adapter is provided, probably because of the space limitations.

The adapter came with my Big Horn and was pointed out to me what it was for and how to use it in the PDI we had. It was in the blue bag with all the other information. It is still there if I would need it.

jimpav

Yes there is a drill adapter supplied in your blue pkg. it is approx
12 in long ,flexible with a hex head on one end for inserting into the end of the motor assembly on your pump

Is Heartland or the dealership responsible to provide the drill adapter? I did not get one in my blue bag.

Can someone post a picture of it so that I can get one?? Thanks

carl.swoyer

Is Heartland or the dealership responsible to provide the drill adapter? I did not get one in my blue bag.

Can someone post a picture of it so that I can get one?? Thanks
Have you checked dc voltage at the motor yet? That will tell you about your problem

wdk450

This adapter should have been provided by Heartland. Maybe they missed doing it, maybe someone at the dealership now has a collection of these. Heartland service has been VERY helpful in my encounters with them; Why don't you give them a call (with your VIN ready) and see if they will send you the hydraulic pump emergency drill adapter?

danemayer

Don't be surprised if Heartland says they only ship the adapter on trailers that have an electric motor slideout. For the hydraulic motor, a solid bit works fine. Get a 6" #2 phillips bit with hex on the drill end. Put it in your drill with the phillips end in the chuck.

carl.swoyer

Don't be surprised if Heartland says they only ship the adapter on trailers that have an electric motor slideout. For the hydraulic motor, a solid bit works fine. Get a 6" #2 phillips bit with hex on the drill end. Put it in your drill with the phillips end in the chuck.
My 2012 Landmark Rushmore came with the flexible Gizmo to manually operate the hydraulic system. ?