Sailun S637T Tires

edroy

Greetings.... I'd sure appreciate some input! My tires on the Big Horn 3760 EL are, in my opinion, timing out. I want to replace them with the Sailun S637T (ST235/85 R-16) 14Ply G rated tires. I'm seeing a good price on the Simple Tire Web site and I'm thinking of plunking down the $$$. Any opinion(s) on either the tire brand, model and/or on doing business with the folks at SimpleTire would be very helpful
Thanks in advance,
Ed

danemayer

Hi edroy,

Generally, the Sailun 637 tires have a very, very good reputation. Until a few weeks ago, I think in 4 or 5 years we'd heard of 1 tire failure, with unknown cause. Just recently, one owner reported several failures on his trailer. Again, cause unknown.

Boscowtx

I just purchased 4 Saliun 637 load range g, they have a recent manufacturing date, and very happy with my purchase, they arrived very quick

Piperflyer

I had many miles on my old Sailum Tires that came with my 3760EL without any problems. I purchased (4) brand new ones from SimpleTires last fall and would buy from them again. So far good luck with the Sailum's

CoveredWagon

Greetings.... I'd sure appreciate some input! My tires on the Big Horn 3760 EL are, in my opinion, timing out. I want to replace them with the Sailun S637T (ST235/85 R-16) 14Ply G rated tires. I'm seeing a good price on the Simple Tire Web site and I'm thinking of plunking down the $$$. Any opinion(s) on either the tire brand, model and/or on doing business with the folks at SimpleTire would be very helpful
Thanks in advance,
Ed

Not sure bout that ply. I have those tires on my 2018 Bighorn and when needed those are the only I will replace them with, if available. Oh BTW mine are 10 ply.

rdufek

Just ordered a new set for my BigHorn from Simple Tire. Can't beat the price. My 1st set of Sailun's have been through a lot and have held up like iron the entire time.

Flick

Thanks in advance,
Ed

Kind of a funny story. And by the way, if you want to buy from Simple Tire because you like the price, buy today because they are watching you as close as you are watching them. They will be higher in price tomorrow.
Anyway, we were on the fence to either buy at Simple Tire or Amazon. This was about a month ago. Amazon was about $10 a tire cheaper and free shipping, but so was ST. We bought our Sailuns from Amazon and the 6 tires were stacked 2 days later under my drive thru porch. What a deal.
And guess who’s stickers were all over my tires from Amazon? You guessed right. Simple Tire.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I ordered our second set from simple tire and was amazed how quick they arrive at the tire shop. The tires are the best that I have used.

Fox

Something to keep in mind is if you have a problem dealing with online warranties is likely more difficult than a local dealer.
About 3 years ago I purchased 4 auto tires from The TireRack. I saved about $150 with that purchase (vs local out the door prices) but I then paid about $80 to have them mounted/ balanced.

Then I suffered a cut sidewall. The TireRack phone rep was unhelpful so I returned to the original local tire shop. While it cost me a few $ more they worked it out with TireRack and fixed me up - with several days of delay.

Come late fall I'll be in the market for more Sailuns, the current ones are dated to the last week of 2015.

Attachments

• 20180418_122253.jpg
    20180418_122253.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 43

Flick

Something to keep in mind is if you have a problem dealing with online warranties is likely more difficult than a local dealer.
About 3 years ago I purchased 4 auto tires from The TireRack. I saved about $150 with that purchase (vs local out the door prices) but I then paid about $80 to have them mounted/ balanced.

Then I suffered a cut sidewall. The TireRack phone rep was unhelpful so I returned to the original local tire shop. While it cost me a few $ more they worked it out with TireRack and fixed me up - with several days of delay.

Come late fall I'll be in the market for more Sailuns, the current ones are dated to the last week of 2015.

The only downside to purchasing Sailun tires is the unavailability of them from local tire shops.
Here is my rational for purchasing online and I admit that this is accurate info for my area and may not be for anyone else’s.
I live close enough to a major city with perhaps 100’s of tire shops, maybe 1000 and most shops I called didn’t carry Sailuns and tried to sell me something else. One shop carried them and gave me a price quote of $216 installed including balancing and tire disposal.
My price online was about $123 plus tax and free shipping. I paid a shop 2 miles from me $30 to mount and truck balance my tires.
I saved $53 a tire times 6 for a total savings of $318. Even if I have terrible luck, I can purchase 2 more tires and may have change left over for a cold drink.
For me to self insure is the only way to go. If I need one on the road, I carry a great spare. I can then have the online store ship me another wherever I am, have someone mount it and I’m back in business. If I would have purchased from a local shop, they would have done me no good when I’m a 1000 miles from home.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I had Goodyear G614 tires on my Landmark. Since we do not put a lot of miles on the trailer I switched to Carlisle 14 ply.
I asked the local tire shop about Sailuns and they would have to order them and pay shipping so they asked me if I would consider the Carlisle. Once I looked into them I felt pretty good about selecting them. We'll see as miles go on.
BTW, the Carlisle tires were about 1/2 the cost of the Goodyears.

Last edited:

mlpeloquin

I replaced my G614's with the Sailun tires. Took it across country and all around prior to trading it in. Found them to be great tires.

danemayer

Based on the anecdotal reports on this forum and others, Sailun S637 tires are quite competitve with Goodyear G614, and typically at a much lower price.

There is an important difference however. Goodyear, for the G614 and selected other tires, has a Damage Policy. If a G614 failure causes damage to your RV, Goodyear, by policy, pays for repairs.

In 2014, we had a 4 year old G614 (40,000 miles) throw off its tread, causing body damage. Goodyear paid for roadside delivery and installation of a replacement tire and also paid about $2,200 for body work on the RV.

I'm not aware of Sailun or any other tire company paying for body damage repair. And paying the cost of roadside replacement and installation ($550) on a tire that's 4 years old with 40,000 miles is also pretty unusual.

Note that this is Goodyear policy, not warranty. That means they could change their policy without notice.

Nevertheless, Sailun makes a good tire at a good price.

travlingman

Bought my Sailun S637's off of Walmart.com. Cheaper than Amazon and Simple Tire. When I got the tires a few days later, they had came from Simple Tire. Had them mounted at Discount Tire. Couldn't be happier.

Flick

After reading all the great comments about Sailun trailer tires, I am more than satisfied with my purchase about a month ago.
Someone mentioned you get what you pay for. Yep, Goodyear was over $300 and Sailun was 1/2 of that. I can buy them twice as often.
I’d like to say the Sailuns will be the last thing I buy that has to come over to the United States by boat, but we’ll see about that. A good product seems to always find a home. Real time usage tells the story.
It was mentioned about Goodyear’s damage policy. Seems maybe, and I repeat maybe, Goodyear has had time to rethink that over the last few years. It maybe different on a case by case basis. Don’t know. If you google Goodyear ‘s current damage policy created by tire problems, it seems they may not help all the time.
Just having a little fun with this. Enjoy the comments.