Couple Questions on a few Issues

relic57

Hi Everyone, have a few questions on a couple issues I am having. We have a 2017 BC 3450. Since spring I have noticed that when we use our water pump, after it cycles through about two minutes later it goes on for about 2 seconds, it doe this about every 2 minutes. have looked, and looked and cannot find a leak. Any ideas???. Second and I just had this happen at our last camping trip, turned the city water on , and I could hear some of it bypassing into the fresh water tank. Tried turning the selector valve a number of times and it was still doing . Any ides. ???

Thanks, any help would be appreciated
Dave

danemayer

Hi relic,

When you close the faucet, the water pump normally continues for a short time to build pressure in the water lines. When enough pressure is achieved, the pressure sensor in the pump shuts the pump off. When pressure drops, the pump restarts. If that happens with all faucets and fixtures turned off, it's one of the following:

• A leak you haven't located. Leaks, even slow drips, can cause significant damage, so it's important to figure this out.
  • A bad pressure switch in the pump.
  • Water flowing backward through the pump. If the pump's internal check valve gets stuck partially open, pressure will build, the pump shuts off, water flows back toward the fresh tank, pressure drops, and the pump starts again.
  • A leak inside the 4-way Anderson Valve, allowing water to flow toward the fresh tank, in turn allowing pressure to drop.

Our owner written Fresh Tank Fills by Itself user guide explains this in more detail and shows how to test the system and figure out what needs to be done.

smoore

I had this same problem on my Landmark, the issue was a leak at the Anderson valve. My fresh water tank was slowly filling up. Heartland sent me a replacement and I installed myself. It took about 5 minutes, very simple. One thing I did to diagnose was hooking up a fresh water hose and switch my valve to the city water, then watched my fresh water tank level rise.

Hope this helps.

Steve

I had this same problem on my Landmark, the issue was a leak at the Anderson valve. My fresh water tank was slowly filling up. Heartland sent me a replacement and I installed myself. It took about 5 minutes, very simple. One thing I did to diagnose was hooking up a fresh water hose and switch my valve to the city water, then watched my fresh water tank level rise.

Hope this helps.

Steve
I had the same issue. Replaced the Anderson Valve and problem solved.