Hot water pressure problem please help

trigger0

I have a 2009 landmark pinehurst. I took it out of storage and got back on the road with it. When i parked it i had no issues. Now that i am living in it again i have a issue with the hot water. The water heater works fine but if you turn any faucet on all the way you can hear a noise and then the hot water pressure goes to almost nothing. If you turn it off and then back on you can work it easy and sometimes i can get full pressure if i am lucky. The noise sounds like a check valve or something. Any help would be great

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Trigger0. There is a check valve on the water heater. It sounds like that could be your problem.
The check valve that is on there is most likely plastic. I would recommend a brass replacement. And the old one could be a bugger to get out. After years of heat on that plastic it will be brittle and want to break off. But it's what you gotta do. Be prepared.

Peace
Dave

Rickhansen

Hey Trigger0,
There is a check valve (backflow preventer) on the outlet of the hot water tank. It's only purpose is for winterizing, preventing anti-freeze from flow back into the water heater tank. It is a cheap, plastic spring loaded device. My bet is that yours is stuck closed. I replaced mine with a brass swing-check valve. The other option is to replace it with a ball valve, but you'd have to remember to close it when winterizing.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You certainly get a lot of mileage out of those pictures of the B.O.D. Gabby.

Yes, I do. Sometimes I get the impression that folks ask questions before peeking behind the curtains. Don't want them to run screaming from the campground the first time they look. I forgot I had downloaded that BC diagram the last time it showed up.