Club Changes

jbeletti

Some changes have been made to the Heartland Owners Club. The changes and an extensive FAQ are listed on the Heartland Owners Club website here.

This forum thread has been created for members to discuss the changes, ask questions they may have and get answers.

Please note: The FAQ will be worked on over the next few days. Please bear with us while we get that posted to the club website.

wdk450

Some changes have been made to the Heartland Owners Club. The changes and an extensive FAQ are listed on the Heartland Owners Club website here.

This forum thread has been created for members to discuss the changes, ask questions they may have and get answers.

Please note: The FAQ will be worked on over the next few days. Please bear with us while we get that posted to the club website.

My question: "sdfsdfsd" ??? :)

I hope the owners club can keep up its good work and the forum without dues from the membership.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
My question: "sdfsdfsd" ??? :)

I hope the owners club can keep up its good work and the forum without dues from the membership.

The club club renewal dues were earmarked for chapter rally funding with Heartland RVs picking up the balance. Stay tuned for the FAQ coming very soon.

pegmikef

Nice change, but the dues were so low (after first year), I imagine it was just another bookkeeping burden that probably adversely impacted the benefit of the funds somewhat.

jbeletti

Nice change, but the dues were so low (after first year), I imagine it was just another bookkeeping burden that probably adversely impacted the benefit of the funds somewhat.

Mike, you pretty much nailed it. Initial dues "just" covered the costs of the kit and fulfillment of same. The cost of administering the renewal fees barely covered the income generated by the renewals.

For all - the initial FAQ has been posted at https://heartlandowners.org/club/change.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
It is a given that club members have been asked to pay to attend National Rallies, as well as some Regional Rallies in recent years.
Is this a trend we can expect to Trickle-down to Chapter Rallies in the future, due to less funding from membership fees? Thanks, Trace

clubmgr

Staff member
It is a given that club members have been asked to pay to attend National Rallies, as well as some Regional Rallies in recent years.
Is this a trend we can expect to Trickle-down to Chapter Rallies in the future, due to less funding from membership fees? Thanks, Trace

There will be no change in the Chapter rally funding method or amount as a result of the elimination of membership fees. That said, in the past, there have been events sponsored during Chapter rallies that the attendees paid for in whole or in part. I would expect that to continue.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
There will be no change in the Chapter rally funding method or amount as a result of the elimination of membership fees. That said, in the past, there have been events sponsored during Chapter rallies that the attendees paid for in whole or in part. I would expect that to continue.
Thank you Julie.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

Guess my recent October renewal term for 3 years wasn't the smartest move :rolleyes:

Definitely unfortunate, and the silence regarding a refund or some sort of compensation is deafening. I suppose they had to pull the trigger at some point and some made out better than others?

Any other rule changes? Does the 10% parts discount still apply?

clubmgr

Staff member
A couple of items from the FAQ for the Club Change

Q. Will there be a reimbursement of fees paid by those members whose membership has not expired?
A. Initial membership dues were slightly less than item and fulfillment costs on the club kit. Renewal fees were used to fund about 20% of total chapter rally costs with Heartland RVs paying the balance. Accrued renewal fees will be applied to chapter rally costs until depleted. So that we can move to the free club model, Heartland RVs has agreed to fund chapter rallies at 100%.

Q. Will the “new” club members receive same benefits as they have in the past, eg. parts discounts from Heartland Customer Service, eligibility for National and Region Rallies etc.?
A. Other than the elimination of the club member kit, all other benefits remain as-is.

ziggysun

A couple of items from the FAQ for the Club Change

Q. Will there be a reimbursement of fees paid by those members whose membership has not expired?
A. Initial membership dues were slightly less than item and fulfillment costs on the club kit. Renewal fees were used to fund about 20% of total chapter rally costs with Heartland RVs paying the balance. Accrued renewal fees will be applied to chapter rally costs until depleted. So that we can move to the free club model, Heartland RVs has agreed to fund chapter rallies at 100%.

Q. Will the “new” club members receive same benefits as they have in the past, eg. parts discounts from Heartland Customer Service, eligibility for National and Region Rallies etc.?
A. Other than the elimination of the club member kit, all other benefits remain as-is.

I did read the FAQs and understand that the dues fee that I paid will go to my Chapter and I don't really have a problem with that for the Oct 2017/Oct 2018 year, it's the fact that I paid thru October 2020 that's annoying me.

LBR

Guess my recent October renewal term for 3 years wasn't the smartest move :rolleyes:
Got that beat...our membership was due end of November...so I paid $26 renewal fee and received confirmation email on November 2nd.

The old saying "Timing is Everything" looks to be true in this case.....lol!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In theory you feel like you're "losing out" on money paid for a membership, but you don't receive anything tangible for your renewal. Just think of it as a donation to the club. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziggysun

Got that beat...our membership was due end of November...so I paid $26 renewal fee and received confirmation email on November 2nd.

The old saying "Timing is Everything" looks to be true in this case.....lol!

I guess I'm glad to know I'm not alone! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

In theory you feel like you're "losing out" on money paid for a membership, but you don't receive anything tangible for your renewal. Just think of it as a donation to the club. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, sounds like someone who hasn't renewed yet LOL!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I went to renew a couple of days back and discovered the price was '$0' and started a topic thread about it.

Not sure if I spilled the beans or anything with that . . .

If I did . . . I'm sorry! :eek:

clubmgr

Staff member
I went to renew a couple of days back and discovered the price was '$0' and started a topic thread about it.

Not sure if I spilled the beans or anything with that . . .

If I did . . . I'm sorry! :eek:

No worries! When the decision to go to the no-cost club model was made, the payment process was immediately cut off, so even though the changes had not been announced, no new members or renewing members paid a fee once the decision was made.