awning

roy2

a old problem started in agane my awning not closeing for me. i tryed moveing the fuses and checked the motor.anything elce i can try to get it up.realy need to get it up moveing on monday. any help out there thanks roy

Last edited by a moderator:

roy2

How did you check the motor function?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i just unpulged it.it started working again.i gave it a rest and tryed it again and it started comeing in on me.maybe i can open up the fuse box and check for a lose wire.when im opening and closeing it seems fine.then it just stops.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
i just unpulged it.it started working again.i gave it a rest and tryed it again and it started comeing in on me.maybe i can open up the fuse box and check for a lose wire.when im opening and closeing it seems fine.then it just stops.

Check the back of the switch for a loose connection, too. Possibly the switch itself is bad. Your rig is a bit new to have contact corrosion problems, but there's always that possibility, too, and they need cleaning. My awning motor died the end of the first summer we had it. Fortunately, after some haggling with Dometic, they sent the replacement motor to the dealer under warranty. Luckily, it died in the retracted position and I didn't have to fight the spring roller to get it back in.

roy2

Check the back of the switch for a loose connection, too. Possibly the switch itself is bad. Your rig is a bit new to have contact corrosion problems, but there's always that possibility, too, and they need cleaning. My awning motor died the end of the first summer we had it. Fortunately, after some haggling with Dometic, they sent the replacement motor to the dealer under warranty. Luckily, it died in the retracted position and I didn't have to fight the spring roller to get it back in.
i dont have a switch for the awning. i have the new computor screen for all of the controls. i did undo the plug for the motor didnt look like any corrosion on it . the first i had this problem couple of months ago i did check the motor plug on it and moved the fuses in the fuse box did the same this time again.after messing with the fuses i tryed closeing it didnt work left it for a while and tryed closeing it again and it worked. not sure whats going on lose wire some were i think.

danemayer

i dont have a switch for the awning. i have the new computor screen for all of the controls. i did undo the plug for the motor didnt look like any corrosion on it . the first i had this problem couple of months ago i did check the motor plug on it and moved the fuses in the fuse box did the same this time again.after messing with the fuses i tryed closeing it didnt work left it for a while and tryed closeing it again and it worked. not sure whats going on lose wire some were i think.
If you have the new Lippert One Control, I think if you look at the rear wall of the pass through basement storage, you'll see a removable panel. Behind that panel is the One Control system where all the wires connect. Take a look there and let us know what you find. Maybe post a picture.

roy2

If you have the new Lippert One Control, I think if you look at the rear wall of the pass through basement storage, you'll see a removable panel. Behind that panel is the One Control system where all the wires connect. Take a look there and let us know what you find. Maybe post a picture.
i remember a big box down there ill have to wait to remove that wall there have a lot of stuff around it.does a panel come off of it i remember it but not sure about the wires and a panel comeing off of it.ok ill try it. not sure about the pic dont know how to do that yet but will try. thanks

danemayer

Post pictures by pressing the button shown. You'll have to know where on your computer the picture is stored.

insert image.jpg

danemayer

Box looks like this, As you can see, it's the nexus for lots of wiring. I was told that there are also physical switches for everything controlled by the touchpad. But I would expect those switches to be wired into this box. Btw, this pic was taken on an unfinished trailer on the manufacturing floor.

Lippert One Touch Control Box 2.jpg

mlpeloquin

You may have to tug on the wires to make sure that each crimped pin has been done correctly. If loose, it may cause it to be intermittent. A visual check won't find it. If needed, there are pin removal tools, pins/sockets, and crimp tools available at Mouser, DigiKey, and other suppliers.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Wow! I didn’t know they put so many simple functions into an electronic box. Next, you’ll need that computer to flush the toilet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roy2

Box looks like this, As you can see, it's the nexus for lots of wiring. I was told that there are also physical switches for everything controlled by the touchpad. But I would expect those switches to be wired into this box. Btw, this pic was taken on an unfinished trailer on the manufacturing floor.

View attachment 62293
that is the box so what can i do the only thing i can do is check for loose wire dont know what wire is for the awning.maybe its marked on the box for the awning maybe. only if the wire is loose id know. those other conectors going into the box never know if they are loose or not.maybe before i take that wall down i can try the fuse box getting behind it check for a loose wire.i think that be easier