ATF: Bighorn - Winegard Dish SK 1000 Installation

Hi, I'm planning to install a Winegard Dish SK 1000 on my Fifth Wheel Bighorn 3970 RD

These are my questions:

1. Do I need to make a 1 inch hole on the ruff of the rv to instal the coax cables?

2. Where is the best location on the ruff to make this 1 inch hole?

3. It is any specific spot or preparaion ready on the ruff to install the dish?

4. On the closet is a dish cable ready, where I can found the other end of this cable?

5. Where inside the rv I can found all the coax cables connections?

6. It is any coax cable lay out print for this specific rv I can have?

Thank you very much

osims

bsims
There should be a blank electrical plate in the ceiling of the bedroom, that’s where the coax and control wire is. I drilled my one inch hole directly above that cover and ran the wires straight up. The control wire has the end on it that plugs into dish.

There should be a blank electrical plate in the ceiling of the bedroom, that’s where the coax and control wire is. I drilled my one inch hole directly above that cover and ran the wires straight up. The control wire has the end on it that plugs into dish.

Thanks for your comments, any specific spot to install the dish antenna? or can be located close to the electrical plate?

Thanks again

osims

bsims
You have to look on installation instructions for clearance, I can’t remember what it is but you have to have like a 42” circle or something like that for the traveler to acquire the signal

RoadJunkie

Actually, it's 32.5" radius of any object above 8". EmiliaJocelyn, I sent you guys a private message (PM).

This is where I mounted mine.

Resized_20170917_130603.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a similar plan in the big Country, the 4010RD. Heartland specifies there is a backer in the roof to support the Winegard. it's typically between the front AC and the bathroom area.

In our case, that area would not meet the specifications from Winegard, clear 8" and the radius, mentioned in the previous posts, because we had a vent cover on our bath vent. So we moved it, and used Winegard's metal mounting plate.

IMG_0588.jpg