Interior re-do.

Greggshere

It all looks great man! Great work! Love the idea about the under the bed door too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well......we got the tub ordered. Cost more to ship it than buy it....and the custom tile. We are going to use http://www.txtr-lite.com/ and do the entire bathroom. Should be fun! I will start a new thread with our customized stuff.

Just wanted to share....since we have a grand daughter we actually like the front convertible booth. I modified it so instead of using the table there is a 3/4" plywood base so we could get it wider. We made a leg to support the outside edge with a 2x4. I will make future modifications to this setup to make it more flexible and appealing.
We just did some creative arranging of the cushions, and added some pillows from Pier 1 Imports to tie it all together.
63f154ba8d2c97b9be30af780736b332.jpg
8cc938f0df2ef4b3ad2943c825125182.jpg

I LOVE this! We will keep the front booth also for our dog and for anyone who stays with us. We pick our trailer up one week from Monday and can't wait to start decorating!!! I am not nearly as handy as everyone here who has made incredible modifications! You are all very inspiring. I'm an outdoor photographer so I need a lot of storage space for my camera equipment. I really love the idea of having more useable and easily accessible storage space under the lounge. We rarely use a table inside anyway as we tend to grill a lot and then eat outside. If the weather was bad, we'd just use a small folding table! One question though, where does everyone put their coffee pots? Okay, two questions....lol...and where do you put your garbage can? I was thinking maybe under the sink in the bedroom?

Very cool, nice custom touches are what them all different though they look the same on the outside.

LOVING the curtains! I'm assuming you removed the original "track" and installed a new rod system. Is that correct? Would you mind sharing which curtain rod system you bought? This will be one of the first things I do.

Furious10

LOVING the curtains! I'm assuming you removed the original "track" and installed a new rod system. Is that correct? Would you mind sharing which curtain rod system you bought? This will be one of the first things I do.

My DH took a stainless steel rod, curved it and then welded on screw tabs. So, it's custom. I had originally thought about 3 straight rods; one on either side and one across the front. Hooks are readily available (Lowe's) and could hang the rods. Most home improvement stores have curved rods that can be used. Also, Google "curved curtain rods" for sources on the web.
Good luck and post those pictures. :)

Furious10

...We rarely use a table inside anyway as we tend to grill a lot and then eat outside. If the weather was bad, we'd just use a small folding table! One question though, where does everyone put their coffee pots? Okay, two questions....lol...and where do you put your garbage can? I was thinking maybe under the sink in the bedroom?

We usually eat outside and will use a small table inside for inclement weather. We put the coffee pot outside on a folding camp table where the outlet is. I'm thinking that you could also set up a small table across from the bed next to the back sink as a coffee bar: it could be hinged to drop for access to the drawers next to the bed or make it long enough that the drawers can be opened. We put the garbage outside in a pop-up plastic garbage can. It zips closed so no critters can get at it. Here are some options: trash cans

My DH took a stainless steel rod, curved it and then welded on screw tabs. So, it's custom. I had originally thought about 3 straight rods; one on either side and one across the front. Hooks are readily available (Lowe's) and could hang the rods. Most home improvement stores have curved rods that can be used. Also, Google "curved curtain rods" for sources on the web.
Good luck and post those pictures. :)
Thank you and I will definitely post photos! I was thinking that I might be able to modify a rod system that was made for a bay window. I'm still researching that. Do you know what the measurements are for the front window? We won't have our trailer for another week.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Furious10

Thank you and I will definitely post photos! I was thinking that I might be able to modify a rod system that was made for a bay window. I'm still researching that. Do you know what the measurements are for the front window? We won't have our trailer for another week.

​I don't have the measurements and I'm away from it...sorry. I found corner curved rods and these.

​I don't have the measurements and I'm away from it...sorry. I found corner curved rods and these.
Oh wow! I really like those! Thank you for pointing me in that direction! We don't have an Ikea nearby so I tend to forget about them but I used to go there all the time when I lived closer. Great idea! I really appreciate all your help! And, yes... sorry... I know you aren't in your Terry ALL the time. Lol

Furious10

Oh wow! I really like those! Thank you for pointing me in that direction! We don't have an Ikea nearby so I tend to forget about them but I used to go there all the time when I lived closer. Great idea! I really appreciate all your help! And, yes... sorry... I know you aren't in your Terry ALL the time. Lol

You're welcome. I am in the Terry a lot...LOL...I love it and am always "doing something" to it. I call it my "she shed"...LOL. I am currently not at home and I don't think you want my DH to give you measurements. :rolleyes:

Here is our kitchen I just finished. Used Speed Tiles. Cutting in that window was VERY time consuming but worth it!
cc368effedb3416589b9db1765a0e24f.jpg

What tool did you use to cut the Speed Tiles around the kitchen window? We're loving the look of the Speed Tiles products. Just wondering what your installation process was and are the tiles flush around the window frame or was the gap enough for the tiles to be inserted behind the window frame. Our trailer is in storage at the moment, so I do not have a reference. Picking it up Thursday after work for a weekend trip, so I can check out the gap then. Your input would be awesome since you have experience with the product. Thanks

You're welcome. I am in the Terry a lot...LOL...I love it and am always "doing something" to it. I call it my "she shed"...LOL. I am currently not at home and I don't think you want my DH to give you measurements. :rolleyes:
We just picked our TCV21 up last night!!!! Woohoo! We'll be taking it out on it's maiden voyage this weekend! Noticed that the door window does not have a privacy shade or curtain on it. Did anyone come up with a fix for this?

BobbyandGenee

We don’t have an issue with the door so much as it’s tinted. But obviously at night if you have lights on everyone can see in! When we did the back splash in the kitchen we removed the blinds. So we are also brain storming for a “fix”. If I come up with anything reliable I will chime in. But otherwise I also wonder if anyone has thought about this!

BobbyandGenee

What tool did you use to cut the Speed Tiles around the kitchen window? We're loving the look of the Speed Tiles products. Just wondering what your installation process was and are the tiles flush around the window frame or was the gap enough for the tiles to be inserted behind the window frame. Our trailer is in storage at the moment, so I do not have a reference. Picking it up Thursday after work for a weekend trip, so I can check out the gap then. Your input would be awesome since you have experience with the product. Thanks

I used a grinder with a diamond cut wheel. I used the cardboard the speed tiles on to make a template for each panel when I got to the window. I rough cut the panel by about 1/4-1/2” bigger than I needed, then put the tile on a piece of flat plywood. Then I meticulously shaved the tiles down until I got a perfect right fit. I spent about 30-40 minutes on each corner. I wanted to make sure I didn’t have any gaps. Also, I put clear 10 year mold resistant silicone caulk between the counter and rear wall before I set the bottom tiles, then added another layer of finish caulk to the front after install. Wanted to prevent any water damage ever!!!!

We don’t have an issue with the door so much as it’s tinted. But obviously at night if you have lights on everyone can see in! When we did the back splash in the kitchen we removed the blinds. So we are also brain storming for a “fix”. If I come up with anything reliable I will chime in. But otherwise I also wonder if anyone has thought about this!

I've seen window coverings that you can put on with 3M Velcro strips that I am thinking about going with but they're really just a piece of fabric with Velcro on the sides. I can easily make those. I've also wondered about the shades that are made for RV sky lights but I don't really want to have to drill anything into the door. I wonder if Velcro would work on those too?

We noticed last evening that you can see in the door at night, which probably isn't a big deal since it will mostly be facing the campsite, but it's still nice to have the option of privacy. You should be able to use the same system on the kitchen window, I would think.

Beautiful work on your kitchen by the way!

We don't have an issue with the door window either as it is privacy glass. BlackoutEZ.com sells removable blackout curtains with rounded corners. They attach to the window frame with velcro which can be ordered in the same color (black) and in custom sizes. Unsure how good/bad the velcro would look in the kitchen window when the blind is removed.

We were considering these for the two bedroom windows in rare cases where we wanted to sleep in. I typically wake up as soon as sun light shines through the closed factory bedroom blinds.

- - - Updated - - -

I used a grinder with a diamond cut wheel. I used the cardboard the speed tiles on to make a template for each panel when I got to the window. I rough cut the panel by about 1/4-1/2” bigger than I needed, then put the tile on a piece of flat plywood. Then I meticulously shaved the tiles down until I got a perfect right fit. I spent about 30-40 minutes on each corner. I wanted to make sure I didn’t have any gaps. Also, I put clear 10 year mold resistant silicone caulk between the counter and rear wall before I set the bottom tiles, then added another layer of finish caulk to the front after install. Wanted to prevent any water damage ever!!!!

Is the SpeedTiles product flush with the kitchen window frame?

SLO

That sounds like the sick mind of a perfectionist. I like to think I go the extra mile but I think you beat me. Great job!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk