Finally took our 2016 26LRSS on it's shakedown.

silvasp

What we found...
1. I need more room on the throne between the bathroom door and the sink. Way too narrow.
2. Wife is short. Mirrors on the bathroom cabinets too high. She needs a stool to do makeup.
3. LR slide not level with rest of trailer. Trailer level, but slide leaned out more at the top. Just gave us a strange feeling. Is this simply an adjustment?

I realize I'm picking nits here.
4. Keys different from front to back doors. Unlocking the trailer I always had the wrong key ready.
5. Entry doors don't open all the way back. Only 90deg.
6. Shower curtain?
7. No waste basket under sink... Had to place trash basket behind dining chair.

Don't get me wrong. I love the trailer. I'll live with some of these and modify others.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
What we found...
1. I need more room on the throne between the bathroom door and the sink. Way too narrow.
2. Wife is short. Mirrors on the bathroom cabinets too high. She needs a stool to do makeup.
3. LR slide not level with rest of trailer. Trailer level, but slide leaned out more at the top. Just gave us a strange feeling. Is this simply an adjustment?

The bathroom issues I can't help you out with . . . these will just be things you'll have to work out.

As for the slide, not sure if it is out of adjustment or not, but our previous Heartland Trail Runner had the same slide in it and I got a pair of the slide jacks from Camping World and that stabilized the trailer from rocking and bouncing.

We don't need them in our new Prowler, so if you are coming to an HOC Rally out this way you can have them!

CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095153310.jpg CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg

4. Keys different from front to back doors. Unlocking the trailer I always had the wrong key ready.
6. Shower curtain?

Don't get me wrong. I love the trailer. I'll live with some of these and modify others.

Our Trail Runner also had two entrance doors . . . loved them, but learned to live with the separate keys.

Ours didn't have those gas struts on the doors . . . but I'll bet your NT does!

We have a gas strut on our Prowler's entrance door and it is a major PITA!

You'll need to beef those up like I did otherwise the wind will rip the screws not only out of the door . . . but the side of the trailer, too!

And ours also bent an awning arm when the awning filled with water during a rain storm and the arm came down on top of the door (strut had ripped out of the wall again).

I've since beefed up the strut by drilling all the way through the door and putting bigger and better bolts with lock nuts in.

ProwlerSunsetBVKOA-P1000402.jpg ProwlerBlueMesa-P1000712.jpg ProwlerDoorStrut-1000316.jpg ProwlerDefectsEntranceDoorBracket-P1000773.jpg ProwlerDoorStrut-P1010547.jpg

I've got a photo of it fixed at home . . . I'll post it tonight!

silvasp

We do have the gas struts at the bottom of the door. I'm going to find some stainless door stays and replace the struts I don't trust the plastic ones.
The two separate keys, I'll mark them or paint them front/back.
The slide "looks" like it's out of adjustment. When fully extended there is a 3/8" gap near the bottom (inside.) No gaps when retracted. I'll need to investigate further when I get to the trailer. It's in storage.

I'll be going to the Temecula rally this year. First for my wife and I. Looking forward to it.

rhodies1

What we found...

6. Shower curtain?

I believe they slide is supposed to have a slight tilt away from the trailer help water run off. Heartland should be able to advise.

- - - Updated - - -

What we found...

6. Shower curtain?

I believe they slide is supposed to have a slight tilt away from the trailer help water run off. Heartland should be able to advise.

silvasp

I think the roof of the slide is sloped for that reason, but I don't quite remember. I'll certainly look at that too.
thanks.

JohnD

We do have the gas struts at the bottom of the door. I'm going to find some stainless door stays and replace the struts I don't trust the plastic ones.

This is after I drilled through the door to strengthen the bracket - still have to work out where it is attached to the wall.

ProwlerDoorFix-P1010565.jpg ProwlerDoorFix-P1010567.jpg ProwlerDoorFix-P1010568.jpg

Undo the struts and open the door to see if they touch the awning arm.

If they do, you'll have to do like I did or come up with something else.

I've tried those door hooks (or whatever they are called) that most trailers have to hold the doors open, but I haven't found one long enough to handle the job.

This is how we had to go through the whole camping season last summer . . . note how the door overlaps the awning frame.

ProwlerDoorBungee-P1000503.jpg ProwlerDoorCclamp-P1000769.jpg

First shot shows bungee cord wrapped around the awning arm holding the door open when awning was out, second shot shows how the door overlaps the awning arm with a C-clamp to hold the door open.

The slide "looks" like it's out of adjustment. When fully extended there is a 3/8" gap near the bottom (inside.) No gaps when retracted. I'll need to investigate further when I get to the trailer. It's in storage.

I'll be going to the Temecula rally this year. First for my wife and I. Looking forward to it.

Maybe I'll run into someone at one of the summer Rallies that will be in Temecula that I can send them with to get them to you.

You'll have a blast and will never want to miss another Rally!

silvasp

I'll have to look at mine more closely. Not sure if my door overlaps the awning arm too. Could be why it only opens 90deg. Good tip.

rhodies1

Do the nuts on the door allow it to close tightly,I see they protrude to the inside of the door jam.

JohnD

Do the nuts on the door allow it to close tightly,I see they protrude to the inside of the door jam.

Yes . . . the door does close tight.

There is a a little air space in there and the nuts don't touch the door jam

JohnD

I'll have to look at mine more closely. Not sure if my door overlaps the awning arm too. Could be why it only opens 90deg. Good tip.

With the door only opening 90 degrees and the slide out on the other side of the door it is like walking into a tunnel, not too mention that there is absolute no air flow when the door is propped open that way.

ProwlerDoorOpen-P1000069.jpg

And if you look at the awning arm you can see how it can get bent easily on the door if the door is swung open all the way.

silvasp

Well, Checked mine out. There is no interference between the door and awning. Looks like I can get a (stainless) hook and open it all the way.

With the door only opening 90 degrees and the slide out on the other side of the door it is like walking into a tunnel, not too mention that there is absolute no air flow when the door is propped open that way.

View attachment 44447

And if you look at the awning arm you can see how it can get bent easily on the door if the door is swung open all the way.

POCOHORSE

Troy & Tracy Chaddon
Hard to believe that Heartland is still installing the mirror/cabinet in the bathrooms so high. I'm five foot one and I can barely see my head in the mirror in the bathroom of our North Trail. I've considered installing a mirror on the wall next to the sink.

silvasp

My wife is a shortie too. I installed one of these below the mirror. Seems to stay in place. (i.e.: doesn't extend out while traveling)
I'm the opposite. A little large. I wish I had more shoulder room on the toilet.

Hard to believe that Heartland is still installing the mirror/cabinet in the bathrooms so high. I'm five foot one and I can barely see my head in the mirror in the bathroom of our North Trail. I've considered installing a mirror on the wall next to the sink.

Attachments

• Mirror.jpg
    Mirror.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 11