• Number of sites held: 15
  • Site fee: $42 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 5/30/2014
  • Potluck time: 5:00PM

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: skyguy(click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------
Reservations need to be made through the campground, only, no later than March 15th, 2014. We have reserved 15 sites in the southern corner of the park. Memorial Day falls the week before, and starts the summer camping season, so please make your reservations early if you wish to attend! You may extend your camping dates beyond the Rally if you wish. A discount of $5 to $7.50 per night will be applied.

No advance monies to the Wagonmaster this time!

Please call (719) 576-0619 and explain that you are with the Heartland Owners Club when you make your reservation.

The campground is located in the foothills of Colorado, south of Cheyenne Moutain, nestled in Ponderosa Pine. Check the reviews online - everybody LOVES this park! Plenty of hiking and wildlife! Only 20 minutes from Colorado Springs, 30 minutes from Canon City, 45 minutes from the Royal Gorge.

For those interested, we will have dinner Saturday night at Juniper Valley Ranch www.junipervalleyranch.com/index.htm and schedule a trip to the Abbey in Canon City for wine tasting and optional purchase. (Great wines BTW)

Notes:
Juniper Valley does not accept credit cards. Cash or checks only.

Monica has scheduled a Meet and Greet / Taco Bar for Thursday (arrival day for most). Don't plan on dinner Thursday eve - it will be ready for ya! 6:00PM until ????

Al Schlafli
Wagonmaster

The list begins...
Don and Monica Ashby - Chapter Leaders (2)
Al and Rexann Schlafli - Wagonmaster (2)
Ronn and Sarah Greengas (2)
Gregg and Linda Wibbels (2)
Garry Gilbert (1)
Craig and Tena Burton (2)
Chuck and Bev Barela (2)
Bill and DeAnna Haynes (2)
Steve and Susan Frank (2)
John and Kathy Daniels (2)
Bill and Ingrid Engler

**Last minute addins...
Brian and Jan Lajoie
Dan and Connie Tobin
Dave and Donna Watkins

More last minute addins...
Moore
Ochoa

(*) Attending the chicken dinner at Juniper Valley

Last edited:

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Don and I have reservations for May 27 (Tuesday) thru June 2 (Monday, leaving). We are also taking part in the wine tasting and dinner at Juniper Valley.

We have extended our stay until Tuesday, June 3rd.

Last edited:

Greengas

Sarah and I are set to go as well. Right now we are reserved for the basic days but we might just extend things a bit.

gwalter

Linda and I are signed up for 5/29 to 6/1. We are very interested in the Juniper Valley meal.

WCBurton

Craig and I are in. We will be extending to Monday. Put us down for dinner and the wine tasting.

Craig and Tena Burton

Greengas

Sarah and I are also down for the meal and wine tasting, ok, I'll do most of the wine tasting but that's fine too.

gwalter

We are at Mountaindale for the next 2 days. They have made a lot of improvements since we were here last fall. The terrace sites have been raised and enlarged. All the sites have new red rock bases and retaining walls around most of them. The wifi is steady and I have a good Verizon signal. Looking forward to our spring rally here.

Gregg

skyguy

Hey Gregg -
Thanks for the update! We're already looking forward to the Spring Rally. Say hi to Gretchen and Gabe for us.

Al S.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are planning on attending.

Just waiting for my Heartland Owners Club membership to be approved so I can get the info for the November meeting at the Bass Pro Shop!

Rally sounds like a lot of fun! :cool:

Edit . . . APPROVED!!! YEA!!! :angel:

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I plan on attending....5-29-6/2....will make my reservations a little later.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Garry & Dakota, My "Aussie" Service dog

skyguy

Happy Halloween everyone!

I have updated the list of attendees, as of today, Oct 29, 2013. If your name in the list has a "(2)" after it, you have indicated you would like to attend the fried chicken dinner at Juniper Valley Ranch. (Like Mom used to make). If I missed you, lemme know! If you are planning on coming and are not on the list, let me know!

Al

JohnD

It was great meeting last week . . .

Hope we can do another meet & greet during the winter as there were only four of us who made it.

They did tell us at the restaurant that another couple had showed up about an hour early . . . but left.

Sorry we missed you!

Anyone know who that was?

mtnspet

Bill and I made our reservations. We are in for the Juniper Ranch dinner and wine tasting. See every one there.

StarryNight

Wow...10 slots already filled for the Spring Rally (of the 15 reserved) and it's just a week and a half till New Years Eve!!!

We will certainly be having a couple meet-n-greets over the winter months...Don & I are looking forward to them:) Not only will I be sending out a memo to Colorado members about the M-N-G but they will be posted in the "Events"

jenamiles

Anyone already registered that has kids? We'd be bringing our 12 and 7 year old if we came. We live in the Springs though so it wouldn't be much of a getaway ;)

Greengas

Please include Sarah and I in the Chicken Dinner. We are really looking forward to the rally and the upcoming meet and greet!

skyguy

**UPDATE** Colorado Springs RALLY 5/29 - 6/1

The reservation time period for Mountaindale RV Park has been EXTENDED one time only, to March 15, 2014. There will be no further time extension to make reservations!! We have 7 slots left.

According to Mountaindale, the following folks have made reservations:
Ashby
Schlafli
Greengas
Gilbert
Barela
Haynes
Wibbel
Burton

If you want to attend and your name isn't on this list, you probably don't have a reservation! Mountaindale is a very nice, quiet park, located 20 minutes south of Colorado Springs on Highway 115, deep in the Ponderosas! You have until Saturday, March 15th 2014, to get in on the fun! A fantastic homestyle chicken dinner, and a wine tasting trip are among the highlights. Call David at Mountaindale RV (719) 576-0619 and let him know you are with the Heartland Owners Club, and make your reservation!

Al Schlafli

StarryNight

I heard from Steve & Susan Frank...they have made reservations and will participate in the wine tasting and the chicken dinner....excellent!!!

JohnD

I am awaiting a call back from Mountaindale Resort as I type for my booking from Thursday, 5-29 through Sunday, June 1, 2014.

We will be staying at Cheyenne Mountain State Park from Monday (Memorial Day) 5-26 and leaving Thursday morning, 5-29, 2014 for Mountaindale.

We are interested in the dinner at Juniper Valley Ranch . . . but probably not the wine tasting.

Can't wait! :cool:

Edit: Reservation made . . . see you all there! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.