Our New Cyclone 3110 HD and Love it!!!

Miltp920

Thanks jeffdee, the manual is very helpful. I wish I had it when I was trying to figure this out. I did find it later on this site. Here are the photos requested. Left is pin in low position, next is pointing to area on arm where pin for high-flat out position is located, next is pin location for high-flat out, and last is our rig with the awnings lowered.
awning pin in low position.jpgawning out pointing to high pin location.jpgpointing to high-flat out position.jpgcyclone with awnings in low position.jpg

Thanks for the great information. I'm thinking of getting a winegard Trav'ler Auto Dish (Dish TV) to mount on the roof. Thinking of installing myself, but curious if anyone has done one on a 3110 and could share any trick, pictures, etc. Also wanting to connect all three TV's with separate receivers, of course and wire the outside jack in case I want to put a receiver outside to watch TV instead of in the hauler area. If anyone has any information I could greatly appreciate it. I thought about the king tailgator, but I would rather have the automatic roof mount, multiple satellites, multiple TV's, etc. Haven't looked for backer plate location on yet, trying to figure out how to run power cable into the area where the DVD player is, but not sure have enough wire to make it. Also, it looks like only one coax is ran to the roof for satellite and I would need at least three based on the winegard installation instruction online. All confusing to me. Blah, Blah, Blah. any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached picture from last trip to north Georgia. IMAG0944.jpg

bobca1

Thanks for the great information. I'm thinking of getting a winegard Trav'ler Auto Dish (Dish TV) to mount on the roof. Thinking of installing myself, but curious if anyone has done one on a 3110 and could share any trick, pictures, etc. Also wanting to connect all three TV's with separate receivers, of course and wire the outside jack in case I want to put a receiver outside to watch TV instead of in the hauler area. If anyone has any information I could greatly appreciate it. I thought about the king tailgator, but I would rather have the automatic roof mount, multiple satellites, multiple TV's, etc. Haven't looked for backer plate location on yet, trying to figure out how to run power cable into the area where the DVD player is, but not sure have enough wire to make it. Also, it looks like only one coax is ran to the roof for satellite and I would need at least three based on the winegard installation instruction online. All confusing to me. Blah, Blah, Blah. any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached picture from last trip to north Georgia. View attachment 41451
I mounted my winegard pathway behind the second AC unit and ran the 2 cables down through the black tank vent. I also used that vent for the solar panel power cables too. I am camping at Hungry Valley this weekend ill go up the roof tomorrow and take some photos for you.

On the inside, I had to remove the switch panel above the TV in order to fish the cables up to the plate behind the TV. I also replaced the cheapo RCA cables with HDMI from the surround sound unit.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I mounted my winegard pathway behind the second AC unit and ran the 2 cables down through the black tank vent. I also used that vent for the solar panel power cables too. I am camping at Hungry Valley this weekend ill go up the roof tomorrow and take some photos for you.

On the inside, I had to remove the switch panel above the TV in order to fish the cables up to the plate behind the TV. I also replaced the cheapo RCA cables with HDMI from the surround sound unit.

I really appreciate it Bobca1, photo's would be great. Really frustrating that they pre-wire the landmark and Big horn with all the winegard cables, but not the cyclone. You would think the top of the line toy hauler would have this already. I'm also getting ready to swap out the cheap surround sound unit with on that at least plays Blue ray, already had to change out two of the sony speaker. replaced with cheaper better quality and the sound is much better. Amazing these guys are stuck in the past when it comes to electronics and the price we pay for them. :)

avvidclif

Amazing that the #1 selling TH has an El Cheapo sound system. The Sony system in mine is available for $125 with speakers. Sheesh.

danemayer

Amazing that the #1 selling TH has an El Cheapo sound system. The Sony system in mine is available for $125 with speakers. Sheesh.

If Heartland added an option for a sound system that cost $300, the MSRP for the option would probably be nearly $1000. If they made it standard, and added the $1000 to the trailer MSRP, they might end up being #2.

Not everyone wants to pay for a high-end sound system.

bobca1

I really appreciate it Bobca1, photo's would be great. Really frustrating that they pre-wire the landmark and Big horn with all the winegard cables, but not the cyclone. You would think the top of the line toy hauler would have this already. I'm also getting ready to swap out the cheap surround sound unit with on that at least plays Blue ray, already had to change out two of the sony speaker. replaced with cheaper better quality and the sound is much better. Amazing these guys are stuck in the past when it comes to electronics and the price we pay for them. :)
Yeah would have been nice to have the cables pre wired, for both satellite and solar, but my vent modification seems to be ok. Down in the basement I cut the vent installed angled T and put a threaded cap on the open end. Drilled 4 holes just big enough for the cables and siliconed them so I won't have any fumes or leaks if the tank ever overflowed.

No backer board on roof that I am aware off. There are 3 brackets on the dish, and I used 4 screws in each bracket same ones I used for the solar panels, its solid not going anywhere, it the wind is strong enough to blow it off then I will have much bigger problems!

3b39afc2551ddb62917735ad05fedd3c.jpg
38c4a67c7fdaf4dc3b115dee9bc22cf2.jpg
48ed2b891e4bbc648c76480e12cd69d1.jpg
9a0d9191e3967191861477d3d05fc639.jpg
ffad097a7fc977e275918a33d2124d2a.jpg
84d969682f23dc03b48004e449432147.jpg

bobca1

If Heartland added an option for a sound system that cost $300, the MSRP for the option would probably be nearly $1000. If they made it standard, and added the $1000 to the trailer MSRP, they might end up being #2.

Not everyone wants to pay for a high-end sound system.
I agree it's better to provide a cheap one and let owners that want a nice one buy exactly what they want and replace it. That's what I will do too I just hope the speaker wires are run normally and are ok quality. Probably too tight to pull through new ones but if anyone has replaced spkr wires let us know if that's not too hard.

avvidclif

The best analogy I can think of is to buy a new Cadillac or Mercedes and find out it comes with an AM radio and no options for an upgrade.

Yeah would have been nice to have the cables pre wired, for both satellite and solar, but my vent modification seems to be ok. Down in the basement I cut the vent installed angled T and put a threaded cap on the open end. Drilled 4 holes just big enough for the cables and siliconed them so I won't have any fumes or leaks if the tank ever overflowed.

No backer board on roof that I am aware off. There are 3 brackets on the dish, and I used 4 screws in each bracket same ones I used for the solar panels, its solid not going anywhere, it the wind is strong enough to blow it off then I will have much bigger problems!

3b39afc2551ddb62917735ad05fedd3c.jpg
38c4a67c7fdaf4dc3b115dee9bc22cf2.jpg
48ed2b891e4bbc648c76480e12cd69d1.jpg
9a0d9191e3967191861477d3d05fc639.jpg
ffad097a7fc977e275918a33d2124d2a.jpg
84d969682f23dc03b48004e449432147.jpg

Great Install, I was looking at all the wiring this weekend and thanks so much for posting the pictures. Look like all the Satellite cables from Garage, living room and bedroom all run to that general area and I could tap into them with barrel connectors and reroute to the roof so I can run all my TV's from the satellite with three receivers. Probably going to put something that allows me to disconnect and quickly connect the third connection for the garage TV to the exterior so if we are not watching in the garage, I can watch outside by moving that receiver outside. Thanks, for the tips, this is great.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Is your CY not pre-wired for satellite in the bedroom?? Also be careful on how high the dome is.