Our 325 Mods

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
With all the glass in our rig we were looking for a solution to keep the heat down without using those shiny metallic things we see hanging in so many other rigs windows. We found this guy in Mesa AZ that agreed to come out and put some heat barrier tint on the windows. It is amazing the difference. Before he came we could feel the heat coming through the glass, and when the sun was hitting the windows directly we could not even touch them. Now after install it is barely noticeable. The rear AC hardly cycled today. We decided to go a bit darker as well but an almost clear film is available.

OM tint 2.jpg

Only the top half is completed here.

OM tint.jpg

Both of the side windows complete with the middle as OEM.

As I stated before it is a heat barrier first and it works amazingly well!

Bones

With all the glass in our rig we were looking for a solution to keep the heat down without using those shiny metallic things we see hanging in so many other rigs windows. We found this guy in Mesa AZ that agreed to come out and put some heat barrier tint on the windows. It is amazing the difference. Before he came we could feel the heat coming through the glass, and when the sun was hitting the windows directly we could not even touch them. Now after install it is barely noticeable. The rear AC hardly cycled today. We decided to go a bit darker as well but an almost clear film is available.

View attachment 48125

View attachment 48126

Nice. Looks good

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

View attachment 48125

View attachment 48126

Tell me more! Brand? Cost? We definitely need this in Texas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We had a SunTek film HP15 installed. We went quite a bit darker than OEM. Everytime I post something with a dollar sign I get edited so I will pm you that.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

View attachment 48125

View attachment 48126

Hey Mike !! How bout listing some contact info for the "guy" !! ... We'll be in Mesa for the winter !! I would love to look him up !! Thanks

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Hey Mike !! How bout listing some contact info for the "guy" !! ... We'll be in Mesa for the winter !! I would love to look him up !! Thanks

His name is Scott Holm 4803208117. We got his name from some neighbors here and he has a web site as well. He came in about 150 lower than the other 4 bids we got. Clean work area, nice guy, and showed up on time.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
The cabinet space above the couch was not really usable so the better half suggested that I build a shelf for it and right now! :cool: I set it back about 2 inches so taller items could go below and still make it over the lip on the bottom of the lower shelf. I also used quarter round trim on the top to keep things from sliding off. When considering stain colors I went with the darker color on the outside of our cabinet doors and I think it looks pretty good. I also capped off the end on the left side to keep items from falling off onto the all important crock pot/steamer/rice cooker that takes up that whole end.

Cabinet empty.jpg Cabinet .jpg Cabinet finished.jpg

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
The cabinet was too deep to really be useful over by our couch/end of the counter by the stove. One thing I found when taking things apart was that there was a divider installed in the bottom portion that did not allow for 6 inches of space to be used.

Cupboard .jpg

I notched things out some so I could put the bottom drawer rails on and then built up the bottom space to do the same and make it all level.

Cupboard 1.jpgCupboard 2.jpgCupboard 3.jpg

Other than the fact I am still having problems matching the color of the outside, everything works well and it is now usable space.

Cupboard 4.jpgCupboard 5.jpg

I put an extra knob on as well. I apologize for the side ways pics, not sure what happened.

BigGuy82

I think the iPhone happened . . .

This seems to be an iPhone issue with the sideways photos.

Yeah, I think you're right. I posted two photos last week, both shot at the same time with an iPhone. One came out sideways and the other correctly. Could not get the sideways one to display correctly on this forum regardless of what I did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I think the iPhone happened . . .

This seems to be an iPhone issue with the sideways photos.

Yeah, I think you're right. I posted two photos last week, both shot at the same time with an iPhone. One came out sideways and the other correctly. Could not get the sideways one to display correctly on this forum regardless of what I did.

I've never had a problem with either of my android phones and posting photos from them.

iPhone photos, for whatever reason, seem to have issues with the auto-rotate feature when you use the photos on something other than an Apple product.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
When we see you guys again I want to look at your cabinets above the couch. That is a great idea. We have a few large items there but definitely don't need all that room in all of them.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I was able to finish a couple of mods that I have wanted since we bought our rig. The first was a rack in the ceiling of the basement to hold mostly my collapsible ladder among other items. I just used 3/4 inch pvc, 2 hole pipe straps, and a few screws.

rack.jpg

I also had the time to move our basement wall back. The original wall started over the lip of the black tray. I used aluminum L stock and screwed them into the floor and ceiling.

bm rail.jpg bm.jpg

One of the issues I had was that the cable connection and electrical outlet were installed so far inside the bay that I had to remove anything in front of them to use them. Originally they were in line with the vent cover. The basement wall was 3 pieces from the factory and now it is 5.

bm 1.jpg bm 2.jpg

The almost finished wall. There must be a gray felt ban in our area as we were unable to find any. I was able to pull the felt back off of the existing wall, cut it, re glue it, and use it for two of the 5 pieces I wanted.

bm 3.jpg

The difference in storage space may not look like much but it made a huge difference. I am not sure why they don't just put the wall as far back as possible at the factory.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was able to finish a couple of mods that I have wanted since we bought our rig. The first was a rack in the ceiling of the basement to hold mostly my collapsible ladder among other items. I just used 3/4 inch pvc, 2 hole pipe straps, and a few screws.

View attachment 49979

I also had the time to move our basement wall back. The original wall started over the lip of the black tray. I used aluminum L stock and screwed them into the floor and ceiling.

View attachment 49980 View attachment 49981

One of the issues I had was that the cable connection and electrical outlet were installed so far inside the bay that I had to remove anything in front of them to use them. Originally they were in line with the vent cover. The basement wall was 3 pieces from the factory and now it is 5.

View attachment 49982 View attachment 49983

The almost finished wall. There must be a gray felt ban in our area as we were unable to find any. I was able to pull the felt back off of the existing wall, cut it, re glue it, and use it for two of the 5 pieces I wanted.

View attachment 49984

The difference in storage space may not look like much but it made a huge difference. I am not sure why they don't just put the wall as far back as possible at the factory.

Looks great, Mike!

Bones

View attachment 49979

View attachment 49980 View attachment 49981

View attachment 49982 View attachment 49983

View attachment 49984

Your basement wall looks great. I know that was a great improvement when I did mine

- - - Updated - - -

Love to see a "before" picture of your basement wall. Doing this mod is HIGH on my list.

I think you should put it up higher on the list.