Self Leveling?

Just wondering if this option will be available in future model yrs? I see it is an option on the Landmarks now but didn't know if those features work their way down the models. I could go with a bigfoot system but think that might void the frame warranty and would rather have it factory installed. Thanks Aaron

Mike Aplin

Thank you for your post. We do not have any plans for this type of a leveling system at this time for the Cyclone or Road Warrior product. Thanks, Mike

Thanks for getting back so quick. May I ask as to why. Is there not enough demand for this option? Call me lazy....but carrying around leveling blocks is a pain. My current FW only has 2 axles and on some sites that can be chore to get it right. A 3 axle setup would be that much more involved. I figured since hydraulic landing gear is now standard, and I guess the slides are also, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to put this option in. Thanks again. Aaron

tcbrady

Mike is correct, we do not have plans for a factory installed self leveling system as there is not enough demand. It wouldn't make sense for us to have an option that would be ordered less than 5% of the time as you lose efficiencies out of production.

aarondeere - you can have the self leveling system installed after market if you really want this option.

Thanks for the reply. I'm seriously considering going with the 3612 model but was going to hold out if there was a chance for this option but guess not.

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Mike is correct, we do not have plans for a factory installed self leveling system as there is not enough demand. It wouldn't make sense for us to have an option that would be ordered less than 5% of the time as you lose efficiencies out of production.

aarondeere - you can have the self leveling system installed after market if you really want this option.

Coley - your Customers who purchase Cycloner vs. Raptors and other multi lifestyle RV's, like myself have chosen Heartland because your units are by far the most advanced, quality built upper end units available. I have a 2010 3950 that our family just loves. I would have gladly paid for the hydraulic front jacks (now standard on 2011) and the self level system. If you want to remain ahead of the pack, you need to keep an open mind and continue to listen to your Customers. Please do not let Heartland become complacent.............others are catching up quickly!

tcbrady

Cycloner3950 - we always have an open mind here at Heartland. That is why we continue to stay ahead of the curve and delivery the best quality/value product. We have a team that is out at shows and in front of customer every weekend gathering information. Please keep the feedback coming and we will continue to listen. Best regards,

jgallego

I also would have gladly paid for the option. I recently had my front jacks converted to hydrualic and had an ultra fab levelling system installed prior to converting the fron jacks to hydraulic.

Jaime

Manke3010

X3 on willingness to pay for the option of hydraulic leveling and front/rear jacks as well even though I know the ladder is already an option.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
If I ever purchase a new trailer it will have hydraulic landing gear and a leveling system.

I have just purchased the Bigfoot system to have it installed on my Bighorn around the end of May. I wanted the hydraulic system of either TrailAir (Lippert) or Bigfoot. I believe Ultra-fab is an electric motor system.
The levelup system that was quoted to me was the wireless not the automatic leveling. The Wireless system was more than the automatic system of Bigfoot. Bigfoot has been around for many years and has a good reputation. Rather than quote me the automatic system, Lippert quoted me the Wireless system and told me I could upgrade to the automatic system. This ment the price was even higher than Bigfoot.

I to wish Heartland would only use Hydraulic landing gears on all 5th wheels. I do not believe that anyone would say "take the hydraulic system off and put on the cheaper electric motor system". I had a Forest River Wildcat that cost 25k and it had hydraulic landing gears on it. I did not know better until I talked to a repair shop in Livingston TX.

BC

jgallego

Bobcat you are correct the ultra fab is an electric system. I put it on right after I purchased the 5th wheel not knowing that later I would replace the broken front jacks with hydraulic. Otherewise I could have saved money and had the hydrualic automatic leveling system installed in the first place.

Jaime

bobw103

We are soon to take possession of our 2011 BC and would have gladly paid for self leveling and hydraulic jacks if it had been an option.

porthole

Retired
I absolutely would have paid for hydraulic landing gear if available, and if hydraulic leveling was available that too.

AND I push and tried to get the Goodyear tire upgrade that was available across the parking lot at the Big Horn line to no avail.
I would have gladly paid to up grade to the better tires/wheels. The upgrade price doesn't come close to the cost of replacing something you already have.

I understand the reason of trying got keep the pricing competitive, but maybe there needs to be an "option list" and then an OPTION LIST"

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Cycloner3950 - we always have an open mind here at Heartland. That is why we continue to stay ahead of the curve and delivery the best quality/value product. We have a team that is out at shows and in front of customer every weekend gathering information. Please keep the feedback coming and we will continue to listen. Best regards,

Thanks for the response Coley, that goes without saying, Heartland definitely has a presence but could do much, much more! As a consumer, I spent many hours researching various units before making the decision to go with Heartland Cyclone. I can tell you that I think I knew more than the dealer my case but I made the decision to buy from a wholesaler vs a full service dealer to keep the price down (never again....)

I hope that the message came through clear.....give us more options please, some of us will gladly pay the premium to cover your costs.

Cheers!
Brad

P.S. - you need better penetration and coverage in Canada. Are you looking for a business manager for the region?? I would be interested in discussing.:D

Mike Aplin

Have you talked to Lippert components in regards to their leveling sytem. This is the same unit that is on the Landmark I believe and could possible be added after the fact to your unit. Give LCI a call and ask them if it is available for your coach as an add on item. We do not install any leveling systems at the factory for the Cyclone or Road Warrior products.
Thanks, Mike

trackeer

As a newbie to the RV thing I have NOT put much thought into the landing gear other than I know that the front on my ordered unit is Hydro but not self leveling. We had narrowed our choices down to 2 units, the Cyclone and the Open Range 397RGR which comes standard with a self leveling system and hydro landing gear. We shopped around locally and wound up buying the Cyclone out of state, $$$. We don't beleive we could have gone wrong with either unit, but money is king and the price and options was far and away a better deal. I am curious as to why it is not offered as a option if folks pay for the option what difference does it make to Heartland to offer it or not???? Those who want it pay for it the same as any other option offered, I would say Heartland must have missed the beat on this as it is standard equipment on the Rolling Thunder from Open Range
We are pleased with our purchase but reading this thread made me wonder why a business that builds RV's would overlook the things that make RV'ing easier and more pleasurable for the consumer.
I guess much the same to me as offering AC/Heat in the Garage but not offering to insulate said garage to maximize the end result of heating and air conditioning the area:confused:.
Thanks Mike for the responces but simply saying no we don't do that cause we don't want to is hardly a gratifying responce.

Thanks

Moe in NH

gpshemi

I can't believe that your numbers are correct. 5%? I suggest Marketing get out and examine that number again.

I was looking for the most equipped factory built toy hauler on the market. I'm sure everyone else buying one is too.
That was Cyclone at the time. I'd have gladly paid for auto leveling, hydraulic front jacks, remote control jack and lighting system, backup camera, and tire pressure monitoring system if they'd have been an option.

How many people paid extra for the outside security monitor? I'm guessing not many, but it was still an option.

I hear what you're saying...these things are available in aftermarket, but that's buying things twice. If we extrapolate that idea to the entire coach, a custom rig would be in order.