Tst tpms

archbarb

Looking at purchasing the TST 507RV TPMS. Have goggled the product and seems you have to purchase from TST directly. Does anyone know of other suppliers selling this product? Just like the old saying "competition keeps everyone honest!!!!!:D

Archie

jnbhobe

Looking at purchasing the TST 507RV TPMS. Have goggled the product and seems you have to purchase from TST directly. Does anyone know of other suppliers selling this product? Just like the old saying "competition keeps everyone honest!!!!!:D

Archie

Call TST and talk to Dan Covington. He's the owner, see what kind of specials he will give you. I found him easy to work with and more reasonable than the resalers. He can also tell you the differences between the 507 and 510 units

GOTTOYS

You won't get a better price than buying it direct. They do have one distributor that is usually at the various shows. Often the owner is there with them. Their prices are very competitive within the industry and usually lower than the competition. I can't find a reason to shop anywhere else. they have a good reputation and very good service...Don

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I've had the TST 507 for about 6 months........they work great!! They have a "starter" kit with 4 sensors and wireless monitor. I bought direct too.....it does look like the price jumped about $50 :(

Here is the link for those readers who are curious.

TST LINK

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We bought out TST 507 while in Nashville. It seems TST is like Weber Grills. Standardized nationwide pricing. I couldn't even get a discount from the guy at the Nashville rally and I knew him from a resort in CA. Still love the TST and the service though.

I love my TST 507 units.
I was looking at some other TPM systems that seemed like a great deal, until I read their warranty page.
I have a 2 year warranty on mine
They are easy to change batteries in also, even though I had to go to Radio Shack to get them.
I believe the TST 507 is probably the best unit out there.
That also brings up a good point. If you ever need hard to find batteries, go to Radio Shack. They have all kind of oddball batteries.

Hockster

================================================================================================================================

porthole

Retired
Lowe's has a neat little battery powered screwdriver ($5) - great for taking out all those little screws when changing batteries.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We have had the older model for about three years now and it works great! It has saved us twice from bad situations! Well worth the investment!

Best Wishes!

Manzan

We just received our 507 starter kit. Ordered it Dec 27. Turned out they misplaced my order so gave me an extra six months warranty.

archbarb

Called Dan Covington with TST with several questions regarding the product. He said the 507RV kit has been a great product and they have a hard time keeping it on the shelf (which they are out of now). I placed my order Tuesday, so hopefully, I'll have mine by the end of next week!!!!!:D

Archie

porthole

Retired
Alter having both units, if the 507 is out of stock I would wait, rather then settle for the older model. The only advantage to the older model is a 5 year battery.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've got the older 510 version. When the batteries go, you can send the sensors back and they'll replace them. Maybe not as cheap as getting them at Radio Shack. One thing if new to a TPMS is to get used to what is "normal" for your rig. They have recommended set-points for the pressure and temperature warnings, but take them as more of a suggestion than an absolute. The first time I ran mine was going from Indian River to Goshen last year. Didn't take long before the alarms starting going off at the set-points they recommended. A slight upward adjustment, and no more alarms.

I agree with you John about the set points.
It is a learning curve.
I also had to up my set points, plus make sure my pressures were right on the money before I start out.
It took me a couple of times until I have everything just right now.

Hockster

=====================================================================================================================================

porthole

Retired
I've got the older 510 version. When the batteries go, you can send the sensors back and they'll replace them. Maybe not as cheap as getting them at Radio Shack.

John, when I bought the older kit at Goshen I was told that I would just have to buy ned sensors. I mentioned the price versus longevity and that it didn't seem fair. The answer I received is that in 5 years the technology will be so different that what we had then would be obsolete by battery time.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

John, when I bought the older kit at Goshen I was told that I would just have to buy ned sensors. I mentioned the price versus longevity and that it didn't seem fair. The answer I received is that in 5 years the technology will be so different that what we had then would be obsolete by battery time.

Lucky to get any electronic doo-dad to remain technologically current for 5 years. Why should they be any different? :(

jnbhobe

When I bought mine Dan Covington told me they were not getting any longivity out of the replaceable battery models. But they have probably figured that out by now that was a couple of years ago.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When I bought mine Dan Covington told me they were not getting any longivity out of the replaceable battery models. But they have probably figured that out by now that was a couple of years ago.
I had a sensor that seemed to be going through a battery in a matter of a few days. TST replaced the sensor and all is well. I only had to re-code the receiver to the new sensor. At this point the batteries are over 2 years old. I have spare CR1632 batteries on hand though.

Sandpirate69

They are the bomb, one of the best investments i've made. Not to mention the safety it adds to your trip. I still have a new full kit. I sold my 2002 Chevy that didn't come with built in tire sensor monitors, so I purchased another kit. Now my 2008 Dually LTZ has the tire sensors, so I put that kit away. But, yes they are great.