Microsoft Streets & Trips 2013..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi Bobcat - I'm the creator of the POI Megafile video that is seen on the Microsoft Blog at the 'Mega File' link you provided in your post.

If you or anyone else have any questions on using Street and Trips - Please feel free to drop me a line. Chances are - I've got a video that will help answer your question.

Well Hello. Thanks a lot for posting. How did you pickup my post. Are you a Heartland Owner or an RVer??

There is a lot of information in that file. I plan to use it alot. I use MS S&T all the time and have for many years when I worked for a local electric company.

There is a campground just outside of where I am that is not in S&T. Not one of my favorite but I think it shoud be there for others that may want to use it.
Lighthouse RV Resort
1232 Central Expressway, Melissa, TX 75454 (972) 838-4600 ()

It is not really a resort but it is a campground.

As I travel through out the US I find problems with GPS software but never know where to let the persons in charge of the software know where the problem is located..

Thanks for your post... Stick around, maybe you can entice you into a Heartland 5er...

BC

TheLindsays

are you able to save the file to a thumbdrive or send to an email? We have Sync in our truck for gps has all kinds of options to tweak your route plan except the height clearance.... of course... the one I worry about the most.

Manzan

I picked up a Streets and Trips at Office Max today for $14.95. We have used it for years with GPS and have found it very useful. Also have a TOM TOM and compare them if I have laptop hooked up in the Suburban. Fun figuring out which one to follow when they don't agree. Also use the Campground Directory but plan our route with S & T.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
are you able to save the file to a thumbdrive or send to an email? We have Sync in our truck for gps has all kinds of options to tweak your route plan except the height clearance.... of course... the one I worry about the most.

I tried to upload a S&T file and an exported .GPX file but the system would not let me upload it.

Let me know and I will email you a .GPX file.

BC

happykraut

I've been using Streets & Trips for quite a few years. It is a great program. I can make a route to the next rally and show all the geocaches and munzees along the way. I ordered mine from Amazon last night for $15 and free shipping.

sailored

Bob, do you know if it will transfer destinations and waypoints to a Garmin GPS

Streets and Trips 2010 exports routes to GPX which can be imported by MapSource and I belieive Base Camp. Streets and Trips 2011 and 2013 corrupts the GPX export file so the Garmin programs don't recognize them. There is a filed bug with Microsoft about this and they are aware of it, although they still sell the software with no notification about the bug. One work around is to download GPSBabel free and use it to convert the exported S&T GPX file to a GPX file. GPSBabell will clean up the problems so that the Garmin software will recognize it.