Garage floor thickness?

I have asked/emailed the factory, asked the dealer and LCI and no responses yet.(been several months) I read somewhere the floor is 1" think plywood.

Has anyone learned what the thickness of the floor material is?

Would like to know before I mount a M/C mount in there.

TIA

centerline

can you access the underside of the floor in that area you are wanting the mount, or is in enclosed in corroplast?..... if you have access, take a small drill bit, 1/16" or less, and drill thru the floor in the proposed area, which you can then measure it with a wire thru the hole.... if the hole is small enough, it will never be noticed and not affect anything if you decide not to go ahead with the install....

as for the motorcycle mount, a friend of mine built one inch pockets and installed them in the floor, and modified the M/C tire cradle so it had pegs that would sit in these pockets, which made it easily removable when he was hauling his side-by-side, or otherwise didnt need the obstruction in the way...

Don't you have any tie downs mounted in the floor?

Yes, but I want to screw the mount to the floor enough to keep it from moving. If its a 1" floor and I use a 3/4" plywood mount, then a 2 1/2 " will be fine as it will only go deep enough to penetrate 3/4". Thats all I need . I don't want to punch a hole in any tanks. I can't see whats there like my last un-insulated RV.

- - - Updated - - -

can you access the underside of the floor in that area you are wanting the mount, or is in enclosed in corroplast?..... if you have access, take a small drill bit, 1/16" or less, and drill thru the floor in the proposed area, which you can then measure it with a wire thru the hole.... if the hole is small enough, it will never be noticed and not affect anything if you decide not to go ahead with the install....

as for the motorcycle mount, a friend of mine built one inch pockets and installed them in the floor, and modified the M/C tire cradle so it had pegs that would sit in these pockets, which made it easily removable when he was hauling his side-by-side, or otherwise didnt need the obstruction in the way...

No access like my old un-insulated floor. Could see and feel exactly where I was at etc. Want to stick with the mount I have. Can easily uninstall when SxS is going in.

Dahillbilly

I'm using a Condor wheel chock & it's just sitting on the garage floor with a 2x6 8" long between the chock & garage wall. Drive the Ultra Limited up & in; then strap her down using the factory D rings in the floor. Once unloaded, I can put the chock just about anywhere out of the way.

LBR

Yes, but I want to screw the mount to the floor enough to keep it from moving. If its a 1" floor and I use a 3/4" plywood mount, then a 2 1/2 " will be fine as it will only go deep enough to penetrate 3/4". Thats all I need . I don't want to punch a hole in any tanks. I can't see whats there like my last un-insulated RV.

Your question was how thick your flooring is. If you have factory hold downs installed, then simply remove one.

Then take a small diameter wire (like a paper clip) and bend a tiny 90° hook on the end....push it thru a screw hole, hook the bottom of your floor, pinch the wire at floor level, wiggle wire out, and measure length of wire from the 90° bent end that hooked the flooring to your thumb and forefinger. That is the thickness of your floor.

Your question was how thick your flooring is. If you have factory hold downs installed, then simply remove one.

Then take a small diameter wire (like a paper clip) and bend a tiny 90° hook on the end....push it thru a screw hole, hook the bottom of your floor, pinch the wire at floor level, wiggle wire out, and measure length of wire from the 90° bent end that hooked the flooring to your thumb and forefinger. That is the thickness of your floor.

Great idea. Thanks.

porthole

Retired
I'm using a Condor wheel chock & it's just sitting on the garage floor with a 2x6 8" long between the chock & garage wall. Drive the Ultra Limited up & in; then strap her down using the factory D rings in the floor. Once unloaded, I can put the chock just about anywhere out of the way.

I did the same when we had the Cyclone.

I also added aluminum aircraft bezeled track for tie downs.

To the OP, it should be 1" and where your exiting tie downs should be over the steel crossmembers, with the sheet metal screws drilling into the crossmember.