Level Up System

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Who's had the Lippert Level Up hydraulic system installed on their rig, particularly a BH3670? I'm curious as to the approximate cost of having it done. Can a dealer install it or does the rig need to be taken to Lippert? Starting to think about doing some major upgrades.

porthole

Retired
If they let you - there was a great offer for club members that attended the Nashville rally. There have been installs for non Nashville participants too. And it runs out soon.
$2450 if you need 6 hydraulic jacks.

Only done at the Goshen Indiana Trail Air facility.

You'll never look back once having it.

I posted some pics here:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=137650&viewfull=1#post137650

JohnDar

Thanks, Duane. I'm thinking of shaking the IRA tree a little and doing some upgrades. That gives me a ballpark figure to work with.

jolar3329

I paid $2400 to have the system installed on my 3670. If you want it, you'd better hurry. I believe the offer expires on Wednesday, August 18. Price is for those who attended Nashville Rally.

JohnDar

Thanks, but it ain't gonna happen that fast. If I do it, it'll probably be a package deal for more than just the LevelUp. Still in the "what if" phase.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Well if you can't make the "rally special"...last year it cost me $3,200 to have the six-legged system installed on my 3600RL...

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I have the level up system,, wonder can it be converted to one with remote?

I asked Jarod Lippert that very question. He said at this time they do not offer the Level Up with a remote.
They are working on it and are hoping to have a remote by next years HL rally.
That comment has made me believe that they will once again offer the Level Up at a reduced cost for rally attendees.

Last edited:

JohnDar

I asked Jason Lippert that very question. He said at this time they do not offer the Level Up with a remote.
They are working on it and are hoping to have a remote by next years HL rally.
That comment has made me believe that they will once again offer the Level Up at a reduced cost for rally attendees.

Hmmm. That would be nice, since we're planning on coming down for the rally. Question would be coordinating the install with being there, either before or after the rally. Figuring Kakampers price vs. what was quoted as the rally price gives almost a 25% savings. If they offer a similar discount, that's some serious green to considering scheduling around. Decisions, decisions.

SouthernNights

First...I edited my comment. It was Jarod Lippert, not Jason. I dont know where I got the name Jason from.

The remote is what is what I really wanted. Jarod said they make remotes for awnings etc. and that they are still working on the remote for the Level Up.

here is his email to me....
As for question 3, there is only one option, the auto level control pad. No wireless is available that will work with Level Up at this time. We hope to have something developed for next year’s rally. We have wireless remote systems that control slides, lighting, jacks, etc, but they are incompatible with the Auto Level function at this time. We are working on this feature and hope to have it done for next year’s product lineup.

Have I missed something???

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I'm not sure what the situation is. Ours was installed at Trailair in July of 09'...Bob Tige installed everything but the legs and he set ours up with the remote which we paid for. I know he works for Lippert, so I'm not sure why they'd say they don't have a remote for it???

P.S. After re-reading Lipperts e-mail I see he says they do not have a remote compatible with the "auto-level" system...that's the difference...mine is not auto-level. It's an earlier generation that I level "manually" using a remote...

Last edited:

SouthernNights

I'm not sure what the situation is. Ours was installed at Trailair in July of 09'...Bob Tige installed everything but the legs and he set ours up with the remote which we paid for. I know he works for Lippert, so I'm not sure why they'd say they don't have a remote for it???

P.S. After re-reading Lipperts e-mail I see he says they do not have a remote compatible with the "auto-level" system...that's the difference...mine is not auto-level. It's an earlier generator that I level "manually" using a remote...

Ok, well it makes sense now. The rest of the converstion was I was asking him about the auto level vs. a remote with manual control. I want to have both options available, manual and automatic on the same pad/remote.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Don't count on it. If Lippert sets up a nation wide dealer install network for the Level Up, they will not be able to undercut the dealer prices.
Just a thought. :)

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
First...I edited my comment. It was Jarod Lippert, not Jason. I dont know where I got the name Jason from.

Jason is Jarod's brother.
Jason is higher on the food chain at Lippert.

The remote is out and in the final stages. I was really hoping, as well as "Springer Dan" on this site, that we would be leaving Goshen with the new remote. We both "volunteered" to be testers :)

That didn't happen - oh well.

I would like to be able to tie in my rear stab jacks to the system. Don't know why that isn't offered. Seems to just be a programming difference. The auto level control panel looks the same, but with an extra message in the display.

I am not inclined to always use the rear stab jacks because of the amount of time it takes.

That would add almost as much convenience as the auto level!

porthole

Retired
Don't count on it. If Lippert sets up a nation wide dealer install network for the Level Up, they will not be able to undercut the dealer prices.
Just a thought. :)

Peace
Dave

That could take a bit of time though. They have only done 1 or 2 outside of Goshen, and Bob Tige personally supervised the installations.

I could see install centers starting up in areas first where people are not likely to travel to have it installed, Florida, Georgia, Texas, west coast etc.

My impression is that because of the amount of and type of work (fabrication welding to the frame) that both Dale (brains behind trail Air) and Bob T. are keeping a close watch on the installs.

fishnwich

Now it is Nov 2012 and I purchased a 2013 Elkridge 34 TSRE which is 37' 11" long in March in central Califiornia. Anyone have the six point Level up system installed on their Elkridge? If so where and what was the ball park price? The Elkridge has no hydraulic system only front and rear electric jacks. Thanks for the info. The level up site says that Manteca Trailer installs the unit. Anyone have this unit installed.

fishnwich

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Duane, my level up system that has the 4 point plus the rear stabs, automatically deploys the stabs at the end. I would also like to add the 3 set of legs and keep the stabs. So if you here anything let me know. Not sure when I could upgrade but I can dream.

Jason is Jarod's brother.
Jason is higher on the food chain at Lippert.

The remote is out and in the final stages. I was really hoping, as well as "Springer Dan" on this site, that we would be leaving Goshen with the new remote. We both "volunteered" to be testers :)

That didn't happen - oh well.

I would like to be able to tie in my rear stab jacks to the system. Don't know why that isn't offered. Seems to just be a programming difference. The auto level control panel looks the same, but with an extra message in the display.

I am not inclined to always use the rear stab jacks because of the amount of time it takes.

That would add almost as much convenience as the auto level!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Now it is Nov 2012 and I purchased a 2013 Elkridge 34 TSRE which is 37' 11" long in March in central Califiornia. Anyone have the six point Level up system installed on their Elkridge? If so where and what was the ball park price? The Elkridge has no hydraulic system only front and rear electric jacks. Thanks for the info. The level up site says that Manteca Trailer installs the unit. Anyone have this unit installed.

fishnwich

We have talked about it, but never received a quote. I figure since we do not have hydraulics, it would be much more expensive than the all electric leveling systems, such as Mobile Outfitter's Ground Control.

porthole

Retired
Duane, my level up system that has the 4 point plus the rear stabs, automatically deploys the stabs at the end. I would also like to add the 3 set of legs and keep the stabs. So if you here anything let me know. Not sure when I could upgrade but I can dream.

Poke Jim B about discounts at next years rally at Goshen. I bought mine tho=rough the discount he arranged.