'08 Cyclone 4012 What does slide "slide" on?

RobertV

Hello. I have an 08 cyclone 4012. The dinette slide (curb side) has given us some trouble with gouging the floor. We use those removable slide strips to keep from gouging the new floor. I have looked at the thread...
https://heartlandowners.org/archive/index.php/t-34461.html?
... that discusses being able to adjust the slide by " "All slide adjustments should be done with the room 12" from closed. If you are seeing unusual carpet wear, you may want to lower the vertical adjustment. I would do this in 1/2" increments.""
However, I am simply confused about what the slide is actually suppose to "slide on". It seems to me that a slide has several design options but I don't know which one applies to my trailer:
1. The slide is suspended from above in some manner. I do not think that this is the case.
2. The slide rests or slides on some combination of rollers and a skid plate. Perhaps this is the case on the bedroom slide but I don't think that the dinette (curb side) slide has any wheels.
3. The slide is supported entirely from the slide arms underneath the slide. I do not think that this is the case.
4. The slide rests on the floor and uses carpet and maybe some sort of skid plate. This is what I think is the case but really just guessing. If it is this option then is there some sort of skid plate that might be getting worn out. could the system really be designed with the carpet being used as an integral friction component?

Anyway, as best as I can tell the slide simply uses hydraulic arms to drag the slide over the carpet? I am hesitant to stat adjusting the slide up or down out of concern that I'll be crushing something.

Thanks everyone!
---Robert

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
With the slide nearly to its out position, if you look under the carpet end you should see a nylon skid bar.
It may be worn or you may just need a slide adjustment.

Peace
Dave