12 volt lighting without battery installed

Bobby A

I guess the longer I RV the dumber I realize I am. I took out my battery for a load test and had it out of the coach for about 24 hours. To my surprise I still had 12 volt lights in the coach. I figured once I removed the battery I would not have any. Yes I was hooked up to shore power but didn't think that had anything to do with the 12 volts.Someone please explain.

danemayer

On shore power, the Power Converter converts 120V AC into 12V DC. The 12V DC goes to both the fuse box to power lights and 12V DC appliances, and also to the battery to keep it charged.

If you'd like to know more, there are some diagrams and explanations in our Electrical User Guide.

Bobby A

On shore power, the Power Converter converts 120V AC into 12V DC. The 12V DC goes to both the fuse box to power lights and 12V DC appliances, and also to the battery to keep it charged.

If you'd like to know more, there are some diagrams and explanations in our Electrical User Guide.
Thanks for the clarification Dan, I thought I remember several years ago my fridg would not work because of a dead battery, once I replaced the battery all was fine.