15 % Discount from Verizon for Active Duty and Veterans

wdk450

Gang:
I just came across a posting on the WalmartRVing group on Yahoo, nominally about what to do since the DeLorme Streets and Trips PC maps are discontinued. Within that thread was a posting about the Active Duty/Veterans discount from Verizon. I searched out the online application form, and it is here:
https://devices.verizonwireless.com/content/vzw-eStore/military-veterans.html

On Edit: Upon trying the online form, I kept getting directed to the "Employees Discount" form. I started a chat with the Verizon customer service and got the following info on submitting the Military/Veterans verification information. If you want to mail the verification in, you will have to contact Verizon for this info.

BE SURE TO REDACT (BLACK OUT) YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER FROM ANY SUBMITTED FORMS

10:03:18 AM : Jeff: Since you are using a scanner, please make sure the document is saved as a .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif, .tif or .pdf (Latest Version) format and the document does not exceed the maximum file size of 5MB. To start your submission, please go to www.verizonwireless.com/militarydiscounts and select “Get Started.” Enter your mobile telephone number, with no dashes or spaces, where it says “Existing Verizon Customer” then click “Log in and Validate” Once you have entered your secret question and/or password, please select the “Validate by Paystub” option. When completing this form, be aware that the language on the form is specific to employees. Because of this, you will enter your branch of service as your company name and your personal address as your corporate headquarters address. Then click continue. This page will then give you the option to upload your document. Once the document has been uploaded, you will be given a 14 digit tracking number, please make sure to write that down for your records. Please allow 3-5 days for the processing of your upload.

10:03:59 AM : Jeff: Please keep in mind that active service members and veterans are eligible to receive discounts on currently available price plans and features. It can take up to 1-2 billing cycles for any new discounts to update on to your bill and you can get updates on your validation status using the check my status tool at www.verizonwireless.com/discounts.

10:05:18 AM : William: Jeff: I have just shared the "News" of the Verizon Military Discount with 15000 members of the Heartland RV Owners Club. Many are veterans. Can I share your easier instructions with that group??

10:06:08 AM : Jeff: That would be great William.

pegmikef

Thanks Bill. Every little bit helps! I bookmarked this thread, made a copy of my retiree pay stub and will try to file it at the Canton Rally since are leaving first thing in the morning.

pegmikef

That was a really simple process. Thanks again, just wish I had known about it years ago.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We just upgraded our phones and plan with them. It's great that they give a discount like that. For us, though, the GM retiree discount is a little more. By the way, if you're looking online at their site and check the trade-in value of your old phones, you may do much better at the actual Verizon store. Our iPhone 4's were $1.00 online and$100.00 at the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

We recently got a T-Mobile hotspot and they have a similar 15%. I submitted an electronic copy of my DD214. Chris