1st trip to Disney in our new 2015 cyclone 3110

Securityman

Ok , this is my 1st 5th wheel , had a 30 foot fun finder toy hauler before this . Researched heartland and cyclone for about 2 years before making the jump up to something this big and expensive , knowing how the rv industry is!! 1st bought a new 2015 ram dually , love the truck , it's very nice , nicest truck I ever bought. So I have full hook ups in my driveway so I can test it all out , the dealer did pretty good pdi , of course I found a few things that needed some help , but they were good about it , I wasn't signing on the line until I was happy !! So I connect everything at the house and go though it again , very happy it all seems to work . So off to Disney we go , I must say I can't believe how well this thing tows , blows me away I was pulling a bumper pull toy hauler for 4 years before this, just amazing !! New ram did great with it . So I get all set up , come back for the park and go to take showers , I checked the shower but didn't take a shower in it , I should have before I left !! So long story short , water was coming out from under the metal track of the shower , so ended up running out to the store to get clear silicon , had to figure out how the shower works with the weep holes at the bottom of the track that lets the water out if it gets I the tracks , someone at the factory sealed the inside , not the outside of the track , so after all I got it figured out and got the leak fixed the right way. Also had a small leak around the sink to the counter in the bathroom , easy fix for that. I do hate the faucet they put in there it's way to close to the sink edge , water goes everywhere and can't even wash your hands . I tried not to let it bother me , it's my second rv so I know how to fix a lot and maint the thing . I had a few wood trim pieces I had to go threw after getting back and nail up and fix a few minor things but that is to be expected on the first trip . We had a great time and my wife and me love this camper , and the kids too !! It's got so much room and storage space , love the full sofa and kitchen area , the power beds , extra loft for sleeping . Central vac is great in it . All the led lighting!!
The fireplace is cool too !! So much I didn't have in my last camper at all .

I guess I got lucky because I got the ac/ in the garage and ac in the front master suite so it cools the camper great !!

I also changed the tires to g rated tires and didn't want the blow ax tires at all , and had the dealer put the black awnings over the slide outs , I really like them !

Now for a few questions , I have the B&W comp. hitch and got it at the lowest setting , but the trailer is still a little high in the front , not level , is this because the ram 4wheel drive sits up so high in the rear , I mean it tows great but would love it to be level ?

How do I get to the upper loft ? There's no ladder to get up to it . Dealer said heartland doesn't include them now ? Do they provide me wings then so I can fly up there ?? Lol

Is the rear ac/ unit a heat pump also ? It's got the 4 settings on the thermostat ?

Thanks for for all the help , I will post a few pics tomorrow , I did a few little mods already .
for the bathroom faucet , already replaced it with a nice moen one that comes into the middle of the sink , works a 100% better !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 146

Hippy

My 2014 3110 came with a ladder. We use it all the time. We use the loft as storage for kitchen items. You should have gotten a ladder. There's no other way up there unless you buy your own. I can not see Heartland eliminating it.
I would call Heartland.

Hippy

Try this bathroom faucet. Lowes or Home Depot. Fits and works great. We're image.jpgreally happy. Priced right.

sig31r

Congrats on the new cyclone. Recommend you call Disney to check which type of site you have. We stayed there with a 40ft toy hauler and had to move because the connection box was at the rear of the site. Half of my RV was also hanging of the back of the site just to reach the power box. Have a great time!

Securityman

Yes we , called half way down there and changed to a premium site for the bigger size of the camp site , and it was still tight to put out the awnings !!! But all the hook ups were in the middle , it's tight around that camp site , we were in the 1200 loop . Here's some pics of a few mods already.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 146

Bones

How are the Disney sites? We want to plan a trip there in the next year or two. What do I need to keep in mind with the larger rigs? I'm 41 feet long.

VKTalley

How are the Disney sites? We want to plan a trip there in the next year or two. What do I need to keep in mind with the larger rigs? I'm 41 feet long.

Bones, Ask Malcolm (MCTalley) about parking at Ft. Wilderness. We've been the last three Januarys for our yearly trip to Florida. I know getting into the three different sites we've been in was a bit tight but doable with our 40' Big Country (previous rig). Haven't had the current rig there yet. Malcolm will be able to give you a better idea on backing in...I'm the spotter/walker/rig in the correct place person, he does all the backing in.

Bones

Bones, Ask Malcolm (MCTalley) about parking at Ft. Wilderness. We've been the last three Januarys for our yearly trip to Florida. I know getting into the three different sites we've been in was a bit tight but doable with our 40' Big Country (previous rig). Haven't had the current rig there yet. Malcolm will be able to give you a better idea on backing in...I'm the spotter/walker/rig in the correct place person, he does all the backing in.

weekender01

I am a member of a group called Fort Fiends and it is for those who love camping at Fort Wilderness. Need to check them out as they have a lot of info on the loops including videos of each loop. In additon there is an app you can get called sites at the fort and it will allow you to see the specs on each site such as length, width, hookup location etc and will even give you a picture of the site and the difficulty of back in for the site. While Disney does not assign a specific site all the time you can fax them a request before your trip of site you would like to be in. The Fort Fiend site also has that fax in form.

Premium sites are the widest sites, but even those some of the loops can be diffciult to get into.

Hope this helps.

Securityman

Hello bones , the place isn't to bad for big rigs , are you 41 feet just all camper ? Or 41 feet truck and camper ? I was in the 1200 loop , premium site , I got the same truck as you and a cyclone 3110 which says is 38-40 feet. The thing is you circle around to you spot it's only one way roads and then back into it , I tell my wife to get out and watch , they say no parking on the street at all , some idiot in a f250 parked on the side of the road in the loop , no lie I should have taken a pic , the cyclone made it passed his truck with 3in to spare . There is a lot of growth of plants and trees which is nice because your not on top of each other , but I couldn't put out my rear awning , not a big deal , it's a nice place , kids had a blast , you could relax for a week there at the pools and a few drinks , and not hit any parks !! Lol now that's my kind of vacation !!

bobca1

My 2014 3110 came with a ladder. We use it all the time. We use the loft as storage for kitchen items. You should have gotten a ladder. There's no other way up there unless you buy your own. I can not see Heartland eliminating it.
I would call Heartland.
Mine 3110 came with the loft ladder too. If you can find one tall enough in aluminum on your own that might be better anyway, the steel one heartland provided is pretty heavy.

I recommend checking the screws they used for your garage glass slider, mine was attached with screws into the trim but not long enough to grab the studs. My entire frame came loose and door almost fell off into the garage. I reinstalled properly using longer screws.

Watch out for your spare tire, I ripped mine off going through a dip in the road. Had to re-engineer the bracket to mount it up higher.

I installed washer/dryer, satellite, and solar on mine.

Glad you are enjoying your 3110!

Sent from Tapatalk.

Bones

Hello bones , the place isn't to bad for big rigs , are you 41 feet just all camper ? Or 41 feet truck and camper ? I was in the 1200 loop , premium site , I got the same truck as you and a cyclone 3110 which says is 38-40 feet. The thing is you circle around to you spot it's only one way roads and then back into it , I tell my wife to get out and watch , they say no parking on the street at all , some idiot in a f250 parked on the side of the road in the loop , no lie I should have taken a pic , the cyclone made it passed his truck with 3in to spare . There is a lot of growth of plants and trees which is nice because your not on top of each other , but I couldn't put out my rear awning , not a big deal , it's a nice place , kids had a blast , you could relax for a week there at the pools and a few drinks , and not hit any parks !! Lol now that's my kind of vacation !!
Yup 41 feet all camper. I never measured the truck and camper length but I have to be close to 60 feet at least. So it sounds like I want to get the larger sites the premium sites

sig31r

Bones,

We took our previous 41 ft toy hauler there and did not have a problem getting into the standard site or the premium. The standard site to a lot more work to get into than the premium, but after getting it in the site we did not have power and were too long for the site. We stayed in the 600 loop. We are planning on going back again with our 39500 cyclone. It may present more of a problem getting in.