2 30 amp pigtail to a 50 amp

roy2

i am wondering i seen a 2 30 amp pigtail to a 50 wondering if they work at this camp ground im at now. some of the elect boxes have 2 30 amp pluges on them for 2 different spaces.has anyone used them.i had my 2012 montana i used the 30 amp plug and the 110 plug to the 50 amp. as i remember didnt work to good burned the 110 plug some. dont think i was able to run both a/c s at the same time. but now maybe i think i could since i can run both a/c s now on the 30 amp. only if the temp is below 91 when it goes over 91 it blows the breaker. also after i bought this monster while in az i was paying for my elect on my montana i was paying 92.00 a month for my elect for the last 3 months i was there useing the same amount elect before my elect bill was cut in half 42 bucks a month what a good suprize i had.so maybe those pigtails will work better this time.
have any of you tryed them yet?? there are a couple of parks we go just have 30 amp service. thanks roy

danemayer

Without getting into a technical explanation, let me just say that using this type of adapter could be dangerous because you don't know how the pedestal is wired.

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I have a double 30 to 50 amp adapter. Built by Progressive Industries.

Then two neutrals are tied together as well the two ground connections.

I use this in Ontario provincial parks. The pedestals are wired with 240 volts and each 30 amp has a separate breakers. I check with a voltmeter prior to use.

This will allow two AC's to be run plus water heater and any other load. I also have a Progressive EMS installed ahead of the Landmark power management system.

No GFCI on 30 amp no issues with that.

Brian

danemayer

If the two 30 amp breakers are on the same phase, then I believe your neutral wire in the coach could be carrying up to 60 amps. In a normal 50 amp pedestal, the two hot wires are on opposite phases, so the neutral is never carrying more than 50 amps.