#2 bathroom

roy2

i have 2019 bighorn 2 bathrooms my #2 bathroom my pull handle cable pulled out of the valve.will i be able to connect the cable back to it again. thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The short answer would be yes.
The correct answer weil be that you need to access the valve and see what happened.

Peace
Dave

roy2

ok i didnt find that valve when i pulled the bottom down but i know were the master bathroom black valve and the water valve.is nowdidnt find the other one there.so i went back the other way and found a taped part that i didnt notice beforethe guy did do a good job tapeing it back up therewhen he changed the valve this summer. any way like you said it does have a set screw for that wire so tomorrow i try working on it.i had enough putting the bottom up again.thats a pain.tomorrow is another day.

roy2

just wondering when i saw the valve the set screw goes into that cylinder that opens and closes the valve.this summer i had both black tank valves changed i think they did thats what they said. anyway they was hard to pull out and push in thats why they changed them after looking at that cylinder there can you spray that cylinder with wd 40 to loosen it up would that help. just wondering.

danemayer

just wondering when i saw the valve the set screw goes into that cylinder that opens and closes the valve.this summer i had both black tank valves changed i think they did thats what they said. anyway they was hard to pull out and push in thats why they changed them after looking at that cylinder there can you spray that cylinder with wd 40 to loosen it up would that help. just wondering.

Spray with a Silicon Lubricant, not WD40. I spray mine every spring.

roy2

good morning will the wind died down some here in yuma az.so i was able to tighten the screw back in the valve i was suprized it was easy for a change.any way i tryed that silicon spray it didnt seem to do any good on that cylinder so danemayer what kind do you use.also i use my black tape closeing it up dont think its going to hold. my cover down there is oily i use mouse spray on it.looks like i got it all off but dont think i did.any different kind of tape i can use.

david-steph2018

good morning will the wind died down some here in yuma az.so i was able to tighten the screw back in the valve i was suprized it was easy for a change.any way i tryed that silicon spray it didnt seem to do any good on that cylinder so danemayer what kind do you use.also i use my black tape closeing it up dont think its going to hold. my cover down there is oily i use mouse spray on it.looks like i got it all off but dont think i did.any different kind of tape i can use.

I have used Gorilla Tape to seal mine after working in the belly.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Use a piece of 1x2 or similar and position it on the inside of the coroplast with half of it spanning the cut.
Then use a couple small screws to attach both sides of the slit.
Clean the surface with mineral spirits and use Gorilla tape or something similar to seal the cuts.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I think on that I've just been using the Silicon Spray from Walmart.

If the plunger doesn't move easily after spraying, the blade is having a hard time getting through the rubber seals inside the valve. You might try a combination of vegetable oil and Dawn detergent added through the toilet - maybe a cup of each. Let it sit for a few minutes. Spray the Silicon Spray into the sewer outlet - it may have to go a few feet, so be liberal. Put a bucket under the sewer outlet and exercise the pull handle rapidly to work the oil/Dawn/spray into the valve. Let us know the results.

Dave's suggestion on a piece of wood to hold things in place is a good one.

roy2

I think on that I've just been using the Silicon Spray from Walmart.

If the plunger doesn't move easily after spraying, the blade is having a hard time getting through the rubber seals inside the valve. You might try a combination of vegetable oil and Dawn detergent added through the toilet - maybe a cup of each. Let it sit for a few minutes. Spray the Silicon Spray into the sewer outlet - it may have to go a few feet, so be liberal. Put a bucket under the sewer outlet and exercise the pull handle rapidly to work the oil/Dawn/spray into the valve. Let us know the results.

Dave's suggestion on a piece of wood to hold things in place is a good one.
ok thanks ill try that next time i drain the tank and the other stuff. thanks again.ill let you know how it works