2 Bighorns and a Landmark at Elkhart Campground

jcd8822

Joseph
The owner of Elkhart Campground gave me permanent ownership of Jim Belitti's site. :angel:

Here at Elkhart Campground there are two Bighorns, actually three since one is stored here, and a Landmark. The other Bighorn is Tom and Carolyn who are from Texas also. Another one from Texas is coming in from Washington or Oregon, according to Carolyn.

kkamshop

If you are all still in the area next weekend - come over for a potluck dinner on Saturday night. We are having a camping get-together with some friends we met on rv.net at Eby's Pines campground. Bring the whole group if you want, the more the merrier!!

Our group is from Ohio, Michigan and Indiana. There will be a Landmark (ours) and a Bighorn at our rally. Planning to eat at the Blue Gate on Thursday night and Chicago Pizza in Bristol on Friday night. Also planning to visit the surplus places and maybe even the RV museum.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We'll make three...we'll be pulling into Elkhart Campground tomorrow for one night...have a factory appointment Tuesday Morning...

Ken and Kathy...we just might take you up on the pot luck saturday night...:D We'll be moving over to the Goshen fairgrounds as soon as our rig is ready..hopefully Tuesday night, or Wednesday at the latest.

kkamshop

Like I said, you all are welcome - we eat at 6:00p and we plan to play our own version of "minute to win it" afterward!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We'll be there near the end of the month for our factory appointment on June 1st.

cjbearden

Visitor
Gene and Joseph, happy to see you made it back from MorRyde (a few dollars lighter but a lot more peace of mind) safely. We had mobile service yesterday from Tom Bumpus of Elkhart Sales and Service, Inc. He does quality work at a per hour rate much better than some service centers. We had Tom hardwire our new Progressive 50 amp surge protector; install an additional plug-in near entry door; shore up another plug-in which had been improperly installed from factory with too large a hole; replace gear in motor of MaxxAir fan in bathroom; and blow out dirt and service both A/Cs. Monday, May 16, Trail Air will install leveling system and shaker jaw. Tuesday, May 17, MorRyde will inspect our independent suspension, brakes, and hubs which were installed two years ago. Hopefully, Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday, Flair delivers our new theater seating. We then have a few more tweaks to make to inside redecorating and I think we will be rally ready!! These trips to Elkhart always seem to cost a lot of money - LOL - but well worth all the improvements.

We are in site 206 until June 12 when we move over to Goshen. Anyone in the area, stop by and say "hey" or make plans for a lunch or dinner out. Ken & Kathy (kkampshop), we will try to come visit in Bristol.

Last edited:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
The owner of Elkhart Campground gave me permanent ownership of Jim Belitti's site. :angel:

Here at Elkhart Campground there are two Bighorns, actually three since one is stored here, and a Landmark. The other Bighorn is Tom and Carolyn who are from Texas also. Another one from Texas is coming in from Washington or Oregon, according to Carolyn.

Hey Joseph and Gene,
I don't see your names on the list for the Rally ther in Goshen. What's up with that?

Hope all is well,
Mark

kkamshop

CJ - we would love to see you! We are going to be showing everyone "the hot spots" so we won't be at the campground all day. We are eating at the Blue Gate Thursday night, then at the Chicago pizza place in Bristol (I think) on Friday night, then the potluck on Saturday. So come join us when you can!

We'll have a campfire if weather permits, but I see a bit of rain in the weekend forecast :(

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We'll be in there on the 28th or 29th of May for a couple of days. Save up some fun for us!

cjbearden

Visitor
You know we will Jay and Stella. Looking forward to seeing you again. Travel safe. Bring some throwed rolls. Stella has to take a tote bag to dinner in Sikeston!!