2008 BH 3670 with 2500 - enough truck?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Kenny, I will have Patty call you. Im the only one that puts it on the right way. You can debate this with Patty. Good luck.:eek: Bob:p

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, does that mean I have put a paper towel holder in the "LOO". Crap now I have 1 more honey do.. No name by request.:p

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Go ahead and keep the truck & rv.
I have a 2004 ford f250 super duty diesel and a 2010 3670rl bighorn. Pulls it just fine and stops just fine. Braking will be fine, when you hit the brakes, the rv does not know if you have a 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton truck, it only knows it has brakes and they are big enough from bighorn to stop it. Think about it, the rv stops itself, the truck stops itself in my opinion. Only problem i have is after a few hundred miles, the rv starts braking and wants to stop at the truck stop to buy more diesel, i can't break that habit!!
All truck companies have a safety factor built in to what they tell you, that you can pull.

lhetsler

I agree the truck will stop itself and the trailer will stop itself. Your main issue will be weight on the suspension. I pull a 3670BH with a 3500 dodge ram dully. Your diesel will like the work, its just a matter of weight and the suspension. If I were you and didn't want to swing for a truck right now, I would at least look into beefing up the suspension. However, now is a good time to buy a truck, if you can spring. Those big trucks are sitting on the lots and you can get a good price.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
The advice given is good, I have an 06 below in my sig.
I feel you will be OK, but would really watch your GVWR.

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
The advice given is good, I have an 06 below in my sig.
I feel you will be OK, but would really watch your GVWR.

2006 and newer Duramax's are strong enough. We did have an overheating issue (too much power for the cooling system) on our 2004 Duramax.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I think the only real issue here is pin weight...

We have the 3600RL, and regardless of what they list as a dry pin weight, in reality our pin weight is almost 4,000lbs!! That's way too much for a 2500, and even pushing it for a 3500 with an extra set of tires...:(

That's why we choose the TV in our sig...no worrys as to how much weight goes in the back of this truck...:D