2008 Cyclone 4012 - potential issues?

Land08033

I’m upgrading my 23 foot [FONT=&quot]94 KIT SUN CHASER and the wife found a 2008 Cyclone 2014.

we are going to look at it this weekend.

can anyone tell me some areas I need to focus my attention on during the inspection?!?!

the wife has the accoutrements and I have the rest.

I read about the fridge drain hose and some de-lamination there, as well as possible issues with the slides.

we are taking a propane tank and a generator with us to make sure everything works.

Dean[/FONT]

pjones1969

I don’t have any experience with that model but I’ll add to look for sidewall cracks from each slide opening corner up towards the roof, caused by a broken stud weld in the wall and allowing flex but not sure if it was an issue in 2008 and check the ramp door for water intrusion.

david-steph2018

I’m upgrading my 23 foot 94 KIT SUN CHASER and the wife found a 2008 Cyclone 2014.

we are going to look at it this weekend.

can anyone tell me some areas I need to focus my attention on during the inspection?!?!

the wife has the accoutrements and I have the rest.

I read about the fridge drain hose and some de-lamination there, as well as possible issues with the slides.

we are taking a propane tank and a generator with us to make sure everything works.

Dean
As mentioned the ramp doors, 2008 model I would think it will have Lippert ramps, which had a failure issues. Heartland switched to ramps made by Challenger Doors later down the years. Yes there has been issues with side wall cracks, not sure if in that model years, we had one last summer which was repaired by Affinity RV Group in Goshen which Heartland took care of the bill for us. Plus I would add look at the suspension, the rear spring hangars, the welds do break. Check the rest of the suspension parts as well. Hook up a truck and check the brakes, pull the emergency cable and see if the brakes will hold, gives you an ideal if you need brake job right away or not. (PS do not leave the plunger out for a long period of time, maybe a minute at most). Of course do a very good roof inspection for crack/missing sealant.

I would add the date codes on the tires, in case you will need tires right away

Last edited:

pjones1969

As mentioned the ramp doors, 2008 model I would think it will have Lippert ramps, which had a failure issues. Heartland switched to ramps made by Challenger Doors later down the years. Yes there has been issues with side wall cracks, not sure if in that model years, we had one last summer which was repaired by Affinity RV Group in Goshen which Heartland took care of the bill for us. Plus I would add look at the suspension, the rear spring hangars, the welds do break. Check the rest of the suspension parts as well. Hook up a truck and check the brakes, pull the emergency cable and see if the brakes will hold, gives you an ideal if you need brake job right away or not. (PS do not leave the plunger out for a long period of time, maybe a minute at most). Of course do a very good roof inspection for crack/missing sealant.

I would add the date codes on the tires, in case you will need tires right away

oh yeah, how could I forget to mention to look at the spring hangers!

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...spring-hangers?p=645369&highlight=#post645369