2009 bh 3670rl vs 2011 bh 3670rl

This is going to be my 1st RV. I was all set to order a new 2011 BH 3670RL till I found a new 2009 loaded with options left over at a dealer. They are offering it to me at a great price, $3000.00 under the sparsely equipped 2011 I was considering. Are the 2011’s that much better to offset the price difference. It is my understanding that there is a difference in the roof construction, is the new roof that much better and what else is different that is worth considering. Thanks in advance for all replies.

Colorado Charlie

boatdoc

Charlie,
Small world, we were just through several 2011 3670's in Quartzite today. The differences we noticed were, the fridge is 4 door seems bigger,at the end of the counter there is a cupboard now where there was floor space before, we keep our trash can there,in the bedroom you lose a bank of drawers and an overhead cupboard so the washer/dryer can be accessed from the front vs. the side, we keep a freezer there so no big deal but the loss of drawer space isn't good for us. The drawers under the steps going upstairs are nice but we like the storage box better, it holds our laundry soaps and vac tools,hose.
The slam doors outside are great, wish we had them. The sewer storage thingy on the new ones looks as though it's something looking to get knocked off. I like the little door better.
We liked the graphics better on the new.
Upon our return to our 09' 3670 we had dinner with the two other couples that had seen them with us and all liked our interior colors better.

There you have OUR opinion, fresh in our minds.
Good luck, Gary & Diana

Last edited:

boatdoc

Charlie, The DW just mentioned one other thing. The new door going into the bedroom may be nice for some but me being on the larger size, felt cramped going thru it. We don't close the pull accross door we have so no need for the wasted space of the new door system.
Dining table seemed not as congested under the table as ours is.

Gary

Caissiel, yes it has
1) Dual pane windows
2) Fireplace
3) Bedroom TV
4) Leather recliners
5) 2nd AC unit
6) Centeral vac
7) Large 14cu/ft refrigerator
8) Trail air hitch
9) High gloss gel-coat
10) Electric rear stabilizer jacks
11) Generator prep.

The 2011 I was considering only had:
1) Dual pane windows
2) Large 14cu/ft refrigerator
3) High gloss gel-coat

Thanks.............Charlie

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Mine doesn't have the dual pane, but if/when I buy another it will have them. The large Frig would be a plus also if you are fulltiming.

caissiel

It looks good to me, now you need to negotiate, I got my BC for a real good price, and considering I am in Canada I just could not let it go.

boatdoc

Caissiel, yes it has
1) Dual pane windows
2) Fireplace
3) Bedroom TV
4) Leather recliners
5) 2nd AC unit
6) Centeral vac
7) Large 14cu/ft refrigerator
8) Trail air hitch
9) High gloss gel-coat
10) Electric rear stabilizer jacks
11) Generator prep.

The 2011 I was considering only had:
1) Dual pane windows
2) Large 14cu/ft refrigerator
3) High gloss gel-coat

Thanks.............Charlie

Charlie, If the 3670 is the floorplan you like, I'd be jumping all over the 09' with those options. I can't believe it's still around unless they had it priced way out there. PM me if you would like to know what we paid for our 09' with very similar options.
Gary

SilverRhino

The '09 sounds like a good deal.

As others have said, I would try to negotiate more on the price...they need to move the unit off their inventory...so negotiate from that stand point.

Good luck!

Kevin and Henny White

Past California-Central Chapter Leaders
I say go for the 09 but make them come down even lower. It is an 09 the 11's are out they will need to move soon the economy is not what it used to be so they should work with you.

ChopperBill

My opinion. They could knock off a heck of a lot more if it is an "09". Dont know how the 09's are compared to an 11 but our 11 3610 is built with a lot more attention than our old 06.

jimtoo

This is a really old thread and the OP purchased a unit in March I think. So I don't think he is looking for advice now. :D

Jim M

jbeletti

Here's a link to their last post - they did end up buying the '09 near the end of January. Good stuff.

Jim