2009 silverado 3500 srw and big country 2950

Will pick up the unit in a couple of weeks, has anyone had issues with having to "flop the axles for level towing"? Is the rear bed height of the newer trucks an issue in giving proper clearence for the rails? Is anyone towing this combination? How does it work for you

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Curious why the 2950, shorter, lighter and with a rear kitchen, has a listed pin weight over 200 lbs. higher than my 3670 :confused:

SmokeyBare

I'm towing a 3400-RL BigHorn with our 2009 Chevy 3500 Dually Crew Cab this is a two wheel drive truck... and I've no problem at all with it being level as I tow.

Sorry I have not taken a Photo of the truck hitched to our BigHorn yet... got to work on that !

Attachments

• IMG_3213.jpg
    IMG_3213.jpg
    788 KB · Views: 10

Gator

John, I have the 2950 & think the dry pin weight must be to compensate for the rear kitchen. The kitchen usually carries more load than any other area of the camper. The added weight in the kitchen takes a little off the in weight.

bill40

Hello Priestlake,
I just left the dealers and there was a 09 SRW parked next to mine. Having seen your question I measured the height of the rails. Even though mine is a DRW it was less than 1/2 inch difference. Could be the age of mine. As you can see from my pictures mine rides level. I would not think the difference in pin weight would set yours any lower. Forgot to check the tire size on the 09.