2010 but now 2011

RickFox

I am confused! I have a dealer telling me the current manufacturing year for the Cyclone is 2010, but just today I saw a 2011 unit on the Internet and there seems to be quite a few changes from the 2010 - 20' awning, new hard top work surfaces, different outside door latches, different location for outside speakers, factory installed fireplace, and probably much more.

What's the deal, when do the 2011 models start coming out? Are 2010 and 2011 units simultaneously being manufactured?

I downloaded a 2011 preview brochure, but it said nothing about the fireplace. How do I figure out what is really being manufactured and what options are really available?

caissiel

A Factory representative will surely answer that for you.

As far as I know the 2011 have been available for a while now.

smday

Ours is a 2011 and we ordered it on Oct 21, 2009. The manufacture date on the sticker is November 9, 2009. We were expecting a 2010 and recieved the 11 with the upgrades, but also some down grades too. I wanted the outside storage bins but there no longer available plus the second awning. I had to install a dometic back awning because Carefree didn't make a 10' electric. That suck too. Other than those i am preetty happy with it.

RickFox

I have purcahsed numerous cars, boats, motorcycles, and 3 RV's thus far in my life. I do not understand what is happening with the Heartland RV's.

I have seen several 2011 3812 Cyclones on the Internet - which is one of the few toyhaulers that my wife has thus far considered. But she wants such things as a fireplace and of course a microwave/half time convection oven.

I have also found a 2011 preview document, but it says nothing about a fireplace but seems to indicate the half time oven is no longer an option. Yet the Internet 2011 had a fireplace and appeared to have the half time oven.

How does one go about finding out what is really available - especially when the dealer either doesn't know, or is apparently not telling the truth about what is available?

I'm willing to play the hide and seek game, but only if someone can tell me what the Heartland version rules are.

RickFox ... great name! I SO understand your frustration. We have been searching the internet for over a month looking for a new 5th wheel toy hauler. It has become apparent that in 2008 the 2010 were manufactured and available for sale in 2009. So ... in 2009 the 2011 were manufactured and I've seen some people touting 2011 back in late 2009. ??? I never got how the auto industry built cars early either. Design and build the 2010's in 2009 and put them out at early January shows for sale. ??? We're now going to be buying a new 2013 model just to be ahead of the game. YES I'm kidding! : > )

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
That's one of the problems with Heartland they put in what they want what ever they have on hand at the time the unit is being built I know of two freinds that dident get what they had orderd Heartland told them both that they have the right to make changes at anytime

robnmo

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL let me tell ya LOL we bought our 3612 in Nov 2009 took delivery in Dec 2009 the dealer said it would be a 2011, the title came from Ohio says it's a 2010, the serial number (according to the code on here) says its a 2011 and the insurance says its a 2011..........................all I know is it's FINALLY IN THE DRIVEWAY AND WE'RE ITCHING TO GO.

(autos generally manufactured after July 31 are considered the next year model, ex manufacture date of 07-31-2009 or earlier is titled a 2009 manufacture date of 08-01-2009 and later is titled a 2010) RV's.............I think it's whatever whoever wants to call it (opinion only). ;)

ArlingtonFire

If you go to the cyclone section a rep from heartland has placed the brochure for the 2011's. In the options section some are forced options such as hydraulic front landing gear, fiberglass walls etc. Find a trustworthy sales rep and ask questions because they will also do some custimizing to your unit.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I was real confused also when we bought our rig. Our Big Country was listed as a 2008 model but we were looking at it in February 2007. Then when I checked the manufacturer plate the trailer was actually off the assembly line on November 2006. Go fig. Seems like trailer run about 18 months ahead of schedule. The real problem was when we went to register it. The state didn't want to register it because it was way too early for an '08.