2011 North Trail - Leaks from Front Nose - Input Please

flag614

I have a water leak coming in from the front along trim on top of the diamond plate, now buckling front a bit. I have read many places this is a known issue on these trailers & due to bad caulk along the diamond plate. I know a fresh a beed a caulk would fix this, but what are my options to repair the buckle and/or how to remove the diamond plate to access behind it? Too invovled?

I know trade in value suffers from buckles and/or water leaks...my concern is to fix this other than a beed of new caulk....Any input would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

berky

I've never tried removing the diamond plate, but I imagine it would involve removing the trim pieces that cover the leading edge where the TT's front and sides join.

I was getting some leakage on the front of mine, which was puzzling since the caulk was all in good shape. I found water was finding its way between the trim's base channel and the plastic piece covering the screws. You might pull back that plastic piece and see if its wet there or if you have any missing screws.

CQPREZ

I have a 2011 26LRSS North Trail and the front panel is warped in multiple areas. I intend to replace the entire panel. Does anyone have experience in doing this themselves? I'm recently retired and have more time than money (and brains), so I'd like to tackle this myself. It seems pretty straight forward, but I do have questions on how to laminate filon to (2) 4'x 8' sheets of 1/8" luan. I've heard that this is the way to go, but is it? If so, what is the best adhesive to use? Any tips will be appreciated!